Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Woodcutter you can use any color of bell pepper you would like. I just happen to use green bell peppers because they are cheaper than the orange, red or yellow ones.

I've done your beans several times Dutch & these things rock ! Every family get together I get asked.... "So your gonna bring beans, right ?" They are a fam fav & I tell them all the credit goes to Dutch on SMF... I just follow the recipe. Thanks for sharing the recipe with everyone, these are no doubt a fam fav in countless homes.

Justin

BSHuff, glad to see see this, but a diuble and a half batch? How long are planing on eating beans for?

I made these for the first time yesterday. I mixed all ingredients together Friday night and put them covered in the fridge overnight to allow flavors to blend, then put them on the pit Saturday around Noon along with a rack of spare ribs. Just 3 of us eating and there are ribs left but all the beans are gone. Wife and step-daughter are telling me that I need to make more.

Thanks for sharing the recipe

I make these for every party we have and all Holidays we cook here. I always make way too many. My Sister in law works at a small Veteran home. I send a pan with her  for the Veterans. They love them. She said they will make a meal out of them by adding cut up hot dogs. She said the pan is scrapped clean.

Dutch your beans are feeding a few of our nations Hero's every time I make them.

Reactions: thomas phillips
Hey Dutch, I made your recipe x5 for a my daughters wedding reception this week end. I heard things like "best beans I ever had", "never had pineapple in beans before butt it is delicious" "you made these?" This is an amazing recipe! Thanks man!

I also want to thank you again for the recipe Dutch, Made a double batch yesterday. Best beans I've ever made.

Im getting ready to pull some wicked baked beans out of the smoker for a pot luck at work. Is keeping them warm overnigh in a crock pot a bad idea? I just don't won't them to turn to mush or dry it out too bad. We will be eating tomorrow at 11:15 am

Im getting ready to pull some wicked baked beans out of the smoker for a pot luck at work. Is keeping them warm overnigh in a crock pot a bad idea? I just don't won't them to turn to mush or dry it out too bad. We will be eating tomorrow at 11:15 am

I would personally put them in the fridge overnight & warm them in the crockpot a few hours before ya eat tomorrow ! IMO, keeping them warm overnite would dry them out ! Just my 2 cents !

This is an "Awesome" recipe that I've made a few time but yesterday it was just over-the-top great with some additions I made. I doubled the recipe and basically followed the prep instructions, made it as follows;

1 1/4 pounds of bacon cut up and cooked in a cast iron wok until crispy

1 Yellow bell pepper diced

1 Red bell pepper diced

6 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and diced

1 117 ounce can of Bush's beans

1 32 ounce can of black beans, drained

2 16 ounce cans of white beans drained

1 16 ounce can of crushed pineapple drained 

1 cup brown sugar, packed

1 cup maple sugar, packed
2 cups ketchup
1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

2 lbs chopped pulled pork

2 lbs chopped pulled ham

12 crushed garlic cloves

Seasoned with Adobo seasoning 

Put it in two aluminum foil pans (to the tops) then in the MES smoker...smoked at 250 with Maple Pellets for 3 hours...unbelievable!

Made a 1/2 batch of this recipe for the first time tonight, and just cooked in the oven since we were grilling ribeye steaks.  Beans turned out great.  I think next time, I'd cut down on the brown sugar, but overall, it's a good recipe!

I made these for family Easter lunch and they was a big hit. I personally liked them 2 days later and cold. Great recipe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky