Dutch Baby

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Another camping favorite of ours is making Dutch Baby's in the DO.

The recipe is pretty simple.

First get your DO set up for 425°

Ingredients:

3 eggs
4 tablespoons butter (cut into 4 pieces)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup flour
5 tablespoons of dry milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon grated nut meg
powdered sugar

For serving fresh lemon, preserves, maple syrup, etc.

While DO is heating up mix the batter.
Mix all dry ingredients (When camping I will mix these up at home and put into a container. )
Mix eggs and water together, beat well.

Add wet to dry and mix until frothy.

Once DO is good and heated add butter. Allow to melt but not brown. Pour in batter replace lid. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and puffy. Remove from DO .

Top with powdered sugar and serve.

49379100851_243c4ba031_c.jpg

This can also be made in the oven in a cast Iron pan too. 10" pan works best.

Nice. I have made a similar kind if thing. It was called German pancake. They are rich and delicious. Well done... :emoji_cat:

JC :emoji_cat:

I finally got around to making a Dutch Baby. First time both making and eating one. So easy and so good! I made mine in the oven and used a slightly different recipe in an 8" nonstick frying pan. Lousy pics, but oh so delicious with a little applesauce. Tastes like something between an egg custard and a pancake. I can post the recipe I used if anyone is interested.

20200208_090536.jpg

20200208_090716.jpg

20200208_090925.jpg

20200208_091055.jpg

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky