Dry brining and Jeff's Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

omegadog12

Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
South Carolina
I'm about to try dry brining. Will dry brining (salting ribs, butts, etc. before cooking), then adding Jeff's Rub (regular rub and Texas rub) make the meat too salty? I usually LIBERALLY apply Jeff's Rub to ribs/butts and allow to sit overnight. Should I decrease the amount of rub I use? Thanks to all!!
The OmegaDog

cropharvester cropharvester is correct.. the original rub especially is a lot lower in salt than most and you're not going to get any over salting from that even if you've already dry brined the meat. If you are worried about it, you can make a batch of the rub with half the salt it calls for and use it that way.

Some people on low-sodium diets do it that way all the time and it still tastes great with even less salt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky