Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Breakfast has been dinner lately.

The Blackstone makes breakfast a no brainer.

To help the taters along I peeled them, diced them then par boiled them in salted water for 10 minutes. Shocked them in cold water and rinsed until the water cleared. Then dried and tossed in a bit of olive oil.

One of the biggest mistakes most make when trying to make fried taters is not letting the griddle come up to temp prior to starting your cook. I started the griddle when I started prepping the taters. This gave the griddle a good 20 minutes to come to temp. The other mistake is using too high a temp. I ran the BS on the lowest setting which I've found to be the best setting for tater and eggs. Third mistake is trying to flip the taters too soon. I have to walk away for 10 or so or not have a spatula near the griddle. I don't put any other oil down only starting with what was tossed on the taters initially. When you flip is when I add a bit more oil, in this case clarified butter. Again let them be and walk away. All in all from peeling the taters to frying the eggs and plating the whole process took 50 minutes, just to give you an idea on total time.

The BS wasn't super level so I needed to use a potato dam to contain them until they firmed up enough.

Taters and eggs kind of look like Jerry Garcia!

50403907068_ea9de552d0_c.jpg

50404765857_99b5e60a50_c.jpg

Looks good. Was going to comment on using Oil then read you use the much preferred Clarified Butter. Good choice...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky