Cuban Pork Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keith156

Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Peachtree Corners/ Duluth, GA
I wanted to try something different prior to Thanksgiving and decided on a Cuban style pork shoulder. I followed this recipe with minor changes of course.
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Pernil-Asado-Con-Mojo-Mojo-Marinated-Pork-Shoulder-Roast

It turned out great and I thought it would be good to pass along. I only added one small chunk of apple wood during the cook because, well, it's what you do with a smoker.

The minor changes included
- cooked directly on the rack
- no parchment paper or foil
- used a 50/50 lime / orange juice spray after 180 degrees every 30-45 minutes
- pulled off smoker at 193
- faux cambro for 2.5 hours

Since I had a couple of my friends fromay the region coming I made some rice/beans and plantains to go with it. The MOJO sauce that the recipe makes also received some great reviews.

Marinating

During cook

Post Broil

I really enjoyed this and hope you do as well.

Looks good. Hope you have some leftover for Cubano Sammies! I like them better than the roast...JJ

Reactions: keith156
Looks Real Tasty from the Bear Den!!
drool.gif

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Reactions: keith156
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky