Crazy outlandish toppings for Ribs - Suggestions wanted!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunace

Original poster
Apr 4, 2022
I had blood brothers BBQ in Houston not too long ago and they had these amazing Thai peanut butter sticky ribs. Those got me thinking what other stuff you could you come up with to top ribs. I'm stumped at the moment but does anyone have any suggestions?

1649126435316.png

They look good, but I wont be much help in your search, I usually just use a basic Memphis rub or lots of time just some good old salt and pepper.

I saw that Thai rib recipe awhile back over at meatwave.com. I've been too lazy to try it though. IIRC, someone here did ribs with maraschino cherry juice, and I thought that was intriguing.. have to do a search to find that

Well, just like you I would like to see a bunch of options. I’m always looking for a new way to smoke ribs!
Al

Well, just like you I would like to see a bunch of options. I’m always looking for a new way to smoke ribs!
Al
Same I don’t even care if they’ve been tried before I’m just looking to see what people can come up with so I can give it a whirl.

Amarillo & mango mole! I had this special at Red Iguana (showcased on Guy's DDD) a couple of weeks ago......OFF THE CHART!!! My wife is working on the mole so we can do it at home!

Reactions: jcam222
Amarillo & mango mole! I had this special at Red Iguana (showcased on Guy's DDD) a couple of weeks ago......OFF THE CHART!!! My wife is working on the mole so we can do it at home!
That sounds amazing! Please please send me the recipe if she figures it out!

I have used different glazes (Apricot, Peach, Pineapple, Apple, Mango or Blackberry) to finish off my pork ribs

I was working on a recipe for Al Pastor Ribs with a Pineapple Lime Glaze.
It was on it's way, room for improvement but very promising.
I need to finish it.

Reactions: jcam222
Old Bay Ribs
Moroccan Spiced + Preserved lemons
Guava BBQ Sauce
Smoked Figs BBQ sauce
Blackening Spice Ribs
Boysenberry BBQ sauce
Black Hawaiian Sea Salt rub

There is a pizza restaurant nearby that has wings on the menu and my new favorite flavor they have is gochujang. They use a sauce they get from a food service company. It's Asian flavor with not too much heat and I felt like it would work on ribs also so I searched for a recipe. The one I use is from Allrecipes.com. There's 2 listed, but I use the one called "Gochujang Sauce". The one I don't use "Gochujang BBQ Sauce". I bought the gochujang paste from an oriental grocery store.

There are bottled sauces available also and I think Walmart sells one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky