Coated Broiled Haddock with Fried Rice and Egg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Coated Broiled Haddock with Fried Rice and Egg.

Was going to do a smoked meal tonight but , Everything is covered in ice .So not worth landing on my , well you know.

So Had some fresh haddock. Rinsed , dried off and rolled in flour, dipped in egg, than rolled in Panko with salt and cracked pepper

DSC_3878.JPG DSC_3879.JPG
In the oven at 375 Deg. for 15 minutes , While that was getting ready I fried up some green onions than 2 eggs not beaten, but just stirred in the CI.
than 2 cups of rice I already boiled in chicken broth ( We cook a lot of chicken for our dogs treats and meals ) so had the broth already.
Fried in pan than add the egg and onions , light fry than 2 tablespoons of Soya Sauce.
DSC_3881.JPG DSC_3883.JPG

Turn the oven to Broil for 5 minutes to crunch up the coating. Pulled and plated

DSC_3884.JPG DSC_3886.JPG
DSC_3885.JPG

My plate , no lemons but always have limes in the house so that's what I used . Nice 7oz fillet , rice and fresh sliced veg, lime and some pickles

DSC_3887.JPG

not what we had planed for supper , the weather changed our plans. Always find something to whip up around here .

Thanks for looking
going out to get the generator ready winds up to 100km tonight ice and snow . S**T is going to happen
Thanks for looking and stay safe

David

Attachments

• DSC_3880.JPG
    DSC_3880.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_3882.JPG
    DSC_3882.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
Wow! That looks amazing! Great meal for just whipping it together! Good luck, stay safe!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment
Was a great meal. Not what was planed but we both enjoyed
Did not want to go out in the ice

Thanks for the stay safe,
Right now the weather sucks, hope we don't lose power. But it is very loud out there

522221-60dd0ead88290d1f72a4af20dd59538f.jpg
High winds 60KM gusts of 80KM plus ( 50-60 MPH ) most of the north east seaboard
Started sideways snow and wind. Loud all night was up at 5 am, ice pellets hitting windows on all sides of house
Nice morning, Nice day for a walk
522222-e3059205b6e947c56603358d45e203ea.jpg
My 4 outside cameras , kind of sideways snow. Depending on where in the Province 5 - 40 cm snow with this wind and -19 C later today

David

Great looking meal David. You’ve now made me crave fish. I recently dig the air fryer out after not having used it in well over a year. I think some air fryer fish may be in the cards.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Jed for the like and the comment
Was a great meal. Not what was planed but we both enjoyed
Did not want to go out in the ice

Thanks for the stay safe,
Right now the weather sucks, hope we don't lose power. But it is very loud out there

View attachment 522244
High winds 60KM gusts of 80KM plus ( 50-60 MPH ) most of the north east seaboard
Started sideways snow and wind. Loud all night was up at 5 am, ice pellets hitting windows on all sides of house
Nice morning, Nice day for a walk
View attachment 522245
My 4 outside cameras , kind of sideways snow. Depending on where in the Province 5 - 40 cm snow with this wind and -19 C later today
David
Oh man that sounds miserable! I think we’re supposed to get hit with something, but nothing close to what you’re in. I think Virginia would shut down for a month!
1642253579256.gif

David, that is one outstanding looking plate of food. The fish looks like it is 5-star restaurant quality.What I wouldn't give for a meal like that....except for the miserably cold temps I'd drive up there.

Robert

• Haha
Oh man that sounds miserable! I think we’re supposed to get hit with something, but nothing close to what you’re in. I think Virginia would shut down for a month!

Jed, I was born in the city where you live and grew up in Northern VA. Spent a lot of years living in Manassas then moved to Fredericksburg. My mother still lives there, in a house I bought over 30 years ago and sold to her when I moved out of state. It's not often that the area gets a bunch of snow. Lots of smaller storms but man, if a foot or more of the white stuff hits the ground, the whole area shuts down. I can remember many times we had 2 to 3 feet and were locked in for days. I lived WAY out in the boonies though. "Manassas" was just the mailing address because it was the closest thing to a town we had around us. Best of luck sir and stay safe!!

Robert

Great looking meal David. You’ve now made me crave fish. I recently dig the air fryer out after not having used it in well over a year. I think some air fryer fish may be in the cards.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

It was great , glad we had some here to cook up ,
as the outdoors was not in the cards yesterday or today

Love a good feed of fish

David

Reactions: jcam222
View attachment 522260

Yes Jed it was a poop show for sure, still not great out . Did not lose power
But many did . I don't know why we did not , because that was some strong winds.

Normally if a crow farts near the wires we lose power lol

Still real cold and winds only 40ish
And your picture is exactly how it feels out ha ha John, Steve and doggy in the freeze

David

Reactions: bauchjw
David, that is one outstanding looking plate of food. The fish looks like it is 5-star restaurant quality.What I wouldn't give for a meal like that....except for the miserably cold temps I'd drive up there.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the comment

Great meal and yes it was good ,
but not worth the drive in this lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky