Clayton, NY 1000 Islands

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Good morning friends!
We are on our third day of vacation here at the 1000 Islands. First day was beautiful. These pictures were from in front of the hotel.
_DSC0846.jpg
_DSC0848.jpg
_DSC0851.jpg
_DSC0853.jpg
_DSC0854.jpg
_DSC0859.jpg
_DSC0862.jpg
_DSC0863.jpg
_DSC0864.jpg
_DSC086211.jpg

Yesterday swe went on a boat tour. It was raining all day. So picture taking was a challenge.

DSCN4345.jpg
DSCN4346.jpg
DSCN4347.jpg
DSCN4321.JPG
DSCN4345.JPG
DSCN4375.JPG
DSCN4342.JPG

This morning. We are greeted with a full moon.

DSCN4380.jpg

Today we are going to Alexandria Bay to shop/sight seeing.

Attachments

• DSCN4361.jpg
    DSCN4361.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN4377.jpg
    DSCN4377.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
Great pics Steve, hope you kids have a wonderful time and are eating well and staying safe! What body of water are you on there, Hudson River? RAY

Great pics Steve, enjoy that time away.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H
nice pics Steve,now i'm jealous. i used to do alot of fishing in that area mostly near cape vincent and further up near alexandria bay. beautiful area

Great pics Steve, hope you kids have a wonderful time and are eating well and staying safe! What body of water are you on there, Hudson River? RAY
The Saint Lawrence Seaway is a system of locks, canals, and channels in Canada and the United States that permits ocean going vessels to travel from the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes of North America, as far inland as Duluth, Minnesota at the western end of Lake Superior. There is really over 1800 Islands here. Most are in Canadian waters.

It is a nice place to visit. It is in upstate NY. Near the Canadian border.
I would've guessed upstate NY. Years ago we used to camp not quite as far upstate. I think the nearby town was called Ellenville? It was about 2 hours north of Central NJ where I'm from originally. Beautiful areas, we could drink the water right out of the stream. But that was back in the 70's, I wouldn't attempt that now. Hope a good time is being had by all.

Mike

Great pics Steve! Hope you're enjoying your vacation. At first glance at title I thought you got caught in the storm out east. Glad you didn't

Ryan

I used to be the meat manager at both the A Bay and Clayton Great American stores in their respective towns! It was a year round job, from Labor Day to Memorial day, there were 5,000 people in town. From memorial Day to Labor Day, the population increased to 100,000 or more! It was challenging! People would get on or off their boats, mornings and nights, coming into the stores (clad in barely legal bikinis and speedos!) wanting 30 1" boneless ribeyes and 20 live lobsters for an early breakfast or late dinner on a moment's notice! 40 pkgs of lunchmeat and 6 loaves of bread and mayo/mustard for lunches! Those yachts were HUGE! And big tippers, too!

Last edited:
Damn, you take a lot of vacations, good for you enjoying life. I will be up your way at the end of August salmon fishing again.

Looks awesome Steve...

The pic of the first big ship is a "self unloader".... meaning there are conveyor belts running underneath each of the holds.. cargo is conveyed towards the back of the ship and then uphill to the deck of the ship... the conveyor you see on the deck swings out 90` to the ship... it really is mind boggling how the ship doesn't list and flip over... especially when it gets close to being empty... they usually haul aggregate...

I work here in Fl at a Port in the Tampa area (30 yrs) ... We actually are gonna start loading a ship tomorrow with 24,000 MT (metric tons) of bulk fertilizer... bound for Australia (a 45 day ride) ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky