Chuck Roast and Ribs Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
When we were at Sam's the other day we decided to do some ribs. The ribs were rubbed with Memphis Dust and then put on the drum for two hours, then foiled on the drum for two hours, and then back on without foil for an hour for glazing. I glazed them with a Sweet Baby Rays/apple juice/bourbon/honey/cider vinegar sauce.

DSC_0002.JPG

Unfortunately they fell apart on me trying to get them inside.

DSC_0021.JPG

The chuck roasts I rubbed with creole seasoning and then threw them on the drum at the same time as the ribs. I foiled the chuck roasts at 170* internal temperature and then took them off the drum to rest at 205*. I pulled both of them for sammiches later.

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

I also sliced up 3 6lbs bottom round roasts for jerky. The jerky will go into the drum tomorrow.

DSC_0019.JPG

biggrin.gif

Looks Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Will be watching for the Jerky Qview...

I am using my mom's secret marinade which I have found out is really my grandmother's secret jerky marinade with a little Instacure #1 mixed in. It is very similar to Rytek Kutas' jerky recipe.

Man that chuckie sure looks good and you capped it off with some fine looking ribs too. Then you throw out some almost made jerky and that should be good too.

150* for about 4 - 5 hours. For the lower temps I will use Nature Glo briquettes vs. my usual Nature Glo lump. A couple dozen briquettes will get me 10 hours but they need to stay in a pile or they will eventually peter out.

It is very good. Qview will be coming soon.

I like to throw a few hickory chunks in there for a little added smoke flavor. I don't have a dehydrator (yet, I suppose) but I have been considering buying an electric burner to toss in there in lieu of using briquettes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky