Chuck Eye Steaks & Twice Baked Spuds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Twice baked potatoes in a cast iron pan cooking indirect while searing chuck eye steaks.

077Xde.jpg

-----

Moved the steaks to finish cooking indirect and added bacon and cheese to the potatoes…

hwhuFK.jpg

-----

Bon Appétit!

GbBkkN.jpg

-----

LThI8t.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Just wondering, why the string? Do those type steaks seem to fall apart while cooking or do you just fine it helps it maintain a sustained density while cooking? I have seen in our local sales circulars they show "Chuck Steaks", they appear to be a boneless chuck roast sliced in half. I have always thought conventional grilling would surely end with a tuff chewy end product. You have me curious now, gonna have to try one. Thanks for the tip.

Oh and its a great looking meal. Of course its impressive, look who cooked it.

Reactions: mossymo
Just wondering, why the string? Do those type steaks seem to fall apart while cooking or do you just fine it helps it maintain a sustained density while cooking? I have seen in our local sales circulars they show "Chuck Steaks", they appear to be a boneless chuck roast sliced in half. I have always thought conventional grilling would surely end with a tuff chewy end product. You have me curious now, gonna have to try one. Thanks for the tip.

The string helps hold the shape of the steak during cooking/muscle break down, helps keep the steak flat/from curling edges. Also leaving extra string at the knot helps keep a sense of direction to the steak for criss cross sear marks and the extra string reminds us to cut off the string before serving.

Wife and I are practicing for our first SCA steak comp in Canada the end of July. We started doing KCBS competitions last year and one were going to in Canada this year has a steak and chicken wing cook off the day before. We figure since were there might as well dive in head first!

Reactions: foamheart
Oh Yeah!!
Marty, the King of the Chuck Eye Steaks!! Always Perfect.
Nice Job--Like.

BTW: every time I get a couple of them, they fall apart on me.

Bear

Perfection, great looking meal. The wife and I used the Vortex the other day on a couple of porterhouses. Best money I've spent on an accessory.

Point for sure
Chris

Hi, and I'm just giving my opinion , the Chuck EYE Stake is different than Chuck Stake. I have enjoyed Chuck eye for years and love them and I have bought the Chuck Stake and found it dry and not good for grilling but that is me and my husband. I find the Chuck Eye juicy and tender and it in my opinion for the price is an awesome stake.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky