Chipotle Morita Chili Basted Skirt Steak Roll-Ups (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The hell it is Robert, the plating is excellent with really great color and the rollup is done to perfection. Nice work, Like! RAY

Thank you my friend but I was just too tired to put a lot of time into making it pretty.

Sloppy or not. It looks delicious!

Appreciate it Steve. I really wasn't expecting much for such a quick cook.

Agreed - Looks great from here! Nice cook and plate!

Thank you Dave but if it didn't make you short out another keyboard it wasn't up to standards :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert, the plate looks amazing! The skirt stake toped with cheddar cream souse is fantastic! I want to try this to cook... Soon, very soon! BTW, just checked this Chipotle Morita Chili paste on Amazon - $19. Not exactly cheap but not a killer either. Placed my order....

Wow...I am honored that you find it worth trying. On the surface the chili paste seems a bit pricey but it has so much flavor that a little bit goes a long way.

Well, you did it again. Made my shopping list longer.
Was planning a quick trip to Meijer tomorrow with no meats needed. Now thanks to you I have to hit Aldi for flank steak and the Mexican market for Ancho and Arbol.

My apologies. I don't intentionally mess up people's shopping lists but sure would love to hear your take on this and see some pics when it's all done.

Perfection Robert! The color of that steak is beautiful not to mention that cheese sauce over the top. I will take a plate please

Thank you sir. The cheese sauce certainly added a dimension that exceeded my expectations. I will be doing that more often

Robert

Going going going…… gone! That ones out of the park! Fantastic flavor selection right up my alley. That’s one incredible looking plate, and that cheese sauce…….. yep you hammered this one Robert. Wish we could have plates for the house, but the pictures will do, I would destroy a plate of that. Points for sure.

The accolades are very much appreciated but this was not an involved or difficult dinner. It just happened to come out well. I guess as the saying goes: even a blind dog will find a bone once in a while.

Heck yeah Robert! I love skirt steak and you nailed it big time. Nice work as always bud

Thanks Jake!! I actually considered fajitas as my first thought but things kinda expanded to this concept. I know you make some darned good fajitas too :emoji_wink:

Robert it looks fantastic!! I do love the smokey complex flavor of the pepper paste. Amazing in marinades and sauces.

Thank you Jeff...both for the kind words and for sharing the jar of chili paste. As noted, no good deed goes unpunished so you have a reciprocal "thank you" that's supposed to deliver today. Be on the lookout for a small envelope to show up on your door step.

Robert

I thought the same think. Robert you been upping your game on plating.

Odd that you say this. It seems to me as though I've spent less time plating but still trying to show others the meal on the rare occasion that something good is created.

Perfectamondo Robert, great job on everything.

Thank you Chris. This is one of the few times that a basic idea exceeded expectations.

That looks absolutely stellar. Nice work!

Very much appreciate it but was not really looking for something dynamic when I started this. It just kinda happened along the way somehow.

Robert

Pretty creative use of the sauce. The meal looks great.

Thanks so much Jimmy. I like to get weird and creative at times. Once in a while it actually comes out pretty good :emoji_laughing:

Great looking skirt steak roll ups and a mighty fine plate indeed, lots of flavors going on there. That white cheddar cream sauce sounds so good, I’d drizzle it on the whole plate.

I’m gonna have to try the morita paste. I wonder if you could sub it for the chipotles in adobo sauce?

Thank you Joe. I loved that cream sauce and will be using it on a regular basis....or some derivation thereof. Yes, you could absolutely use this ILO chipotles in adobo sauce. It would actually be an improvement due to the depth, smokiness, and complexity of the flavors in the morita paste.

Robert

Looks fantastic . I've always wanted to try something like that .
Nice work .

Oh yeah! Cheese sauce = gravy in my book... another awesome looking meal! Looks perfect to me!

Ryan

Phenomenal my friend! Doesn’t look sloppy to me, I’d have no problem tearing a plate of that up!

Totally agree about the good instant read thermometer! Not sure how I done without one years ago!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky