Chicken Fried Venison Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It made for a hearty breakfast this morning.

TzdW1qp.png
Better next day right!

I do similiar only season with lemon pepper. Mom taught me that and hers is still better than mine but I'm getting better.
Best cooked in a cast iron skillet.

Well Chile, look at what you made me go and do. I made mention of wanting to do chicken fried steak in the new Air Fryer 360 and you promptly do two absolutely amazing meals....then had the audacity to blame it on me that you did them :emoji_laughing: I was 100% intent on making your Salisbury steaks yesterday then you went and mentioned the CFS. I made the mistake of asking Tracy what she wanted and she asked for the CFS, so that's what I made. Started with 3 Certified Piedmontese rib eye cap steaks, pounded the snot out of them, then dredged as a good CFS should be. Cooked them in the air fryer on "bake" at 350 for 20 minutes and they were perfect. Steak cooked beautifully, tender, flavorful and a really nice crunch to the breading on the steaks. Not gonna steal your thread, but here is a pic of my dinner

017.jpg

The CFS, homemade garlic mashed taters, steamed fresh green beans, and the most decadent gravy I've ever made. The CFS was great but the gravy was by far the star of the show. Thank you once again my friend for being an inspiration for me to up my game and turn out the best food we have ever eaten!! Tracy saved the leftovers and ate them for her lunch today....which is a testament to how good this was.

Wow...this was really good!!
Robert

Mmmmmm... Sounds and looks delicious.
The CFS is still on your inspiration, it just sound d so good at the time.

Dude! Ribeye Can steaks for CFS!?!?
I bet those were melt in your mouth good.

I still need to polish my Cream Gravy skills.
Care to share your recipe?

I still need to polish my Cream Gravy skills.
Care to share your recipe?

Here ya go John. This is how I put the recipe together from the beginning. I'll note the changes to it in a bit

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup AP flour
1 t black pepper
1/2 t salt
4 cups of milk

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until just starting to turn brown (about 10 minutes). Gradually stir in milk so that no lumps form and continue cooking and stirring until thickened. If gravy gets too thick, add more milk.

Ok...I've upped the pepper to about 3x as much and upped the salt just a bit. I'm also giving consideration to using buttermilk next time after the fantastic results I got with the mac & cheese. I'm also wondering if using a stick of butter instead of oil would be a benefit. I think it would and will most do that next time. In the batch shown in the pic, I also added about 1T of granular beef bouillon That REALLY added a deeper, richer beefy flavor and will be used all the time going forward.

Gotta run....pub is calling,
Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
Here ya go John. This is how I put the recipe together from the beginning. I'll note the changes to it in a bit

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup AP flour
1 t black pepper
1/2 t salt
4 cups of milk

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until just starting to turn brown (about 10 minutes). Gradually stir in milk so that no lumps form and continue cooking and stirring until thickened. If gravy gets too thick, add more milk.

Ok...I've upped the pepper to about 3x as much and upped the salt just a bit. I'm also giving consideration to using buttermilk next time after the fantastic results I got with the mac & cheese. I'm also wondering if using a stick of butter instead of oil would be a benefit. I think it would and will most do that next time. In the batch shown in the pic, I also added about 1T of granular beef bouillon That REALLY added a deeper, richer beefy flavor and will be used all the time going forward.

Gotta run....pub is calling,
Robert
Thanks man.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky