Chicken Cordon Bleu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Had some chicken breasts to play around with so Jeff's email was quite timely. Thank you. . .
Butterflied 8 half chicken breast. Seasoned with Jeff's rub, slice of ham, and slice of Swiss cheese ( will also add some cream cheese next time). Had to add a little banana pepper to one :emoji_wink:
20200809_094944.jpg

Rolled up and wrapped in bacon, coated again with rub.
20200809_100248.jpg

Into the RT 590 @ 225° then bumped up to 240°. Rec Teq Ultimate Blend Pellets, and a tube of Char Hickory.
Brought to 163° and pulled to rest. Approx time was 3.25 hrs
20200809_165244.jpg

Cucumber / lettuce salad with some buttermilk biscuits.
20200809_165402.jpg

And plated
20200809_165844.jpg

These were very good but ended up a little dry, which was strange when wrapped with the bacon.
I "will" brine for a few hrs next time( usually always do), and then use a little less salty rub.
Thanks for looking. . .

That chicken looks great ! Good way to add something a little different. Whole meal looks good!

Ryan

I love this dish, haven’t had it in years. Gonna have to add this to the list!

Looks delicious. Can't tell it's dry from the pics. Strange with the bacon wrap that it would be dry. Still looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing.

Those look REALLY good!! I recently did some with turkey (wife allergic to chicken) and they were great. Somewhat dry or not, I'd tear those up!! Great job.

Robert

That chicken looks great ! Good way to add something a little different. Whole meal looks good!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, was a nice little change.
man that looks fantastic. I know what my next smoke will be.
Pretty simple to do. Thanks !
One of my favorites , and yours looks great . Nice work .
Thanks chop. Had been a long time since I have done, and first actually in the smoker.
I love this dish, haven’t had it in years. Gonna have to add this to the list!
Nice change of pace.
Looks absolutely delicious! Like!
Thank you and appreciate the like.
Looks delicious. Can't tell it's dry from the pics. Strange with the bacon wrap that it would be dry. Still looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing.
I think brining would sure help also. Thanks ...
Fantastic looking meal!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank you Al, and for the like.
Those look REALLY good!! I recently did some with turkey (wife allergic to chicken) and they were great. Somewhat dry or not, I'd tear those up!! Great job.

Robert
I didn't have any problem devouring one :emoji_wink: Will have to try the turkey route. Thanks Robert !
That looks awfully good from where I'm sitting, Like! RAY
Thank you Ray.

kruizer kruizer , Central PA Cowboy Central PA Cowboy , A Aledavidov , Johnny Ray Johnny Ray ,
Thank you all for the likes, it is truly appreciated.

Oh those chicken cordon bleu’s look awesome, has my stomach growling so close to lunchtime!

Had some chicken breasts to play around with so Jeff's email was quite timely. Thank you. . .
Butterflied 8 half chicken breast. Seasoned with Jeff's rub, slice of ham, and slice of Swiss cheese ( will also add some cream cheese next time). Had to add a little banana pepper to one :emoji_wink: View attachment 457918
Rolled up and wrapped in bacon, coated again with rub.
View attachment 457919
Into the RT 590 @ 225° then bumped up to 240°. Rec Teq Ultimate Blend Pellets, and a tube of Char Hickory.
Brought to 163° and pulled to rest. Approx time was 3.25 hrs
View attachment 457920
Cucumber / lettuce salad with some buttermilk biscuits.View attachment 457921
And plated
View attachment 457922
These were very good but ended up a little dry, which was strange when wrapped with the bacon.
I "will" brine for a few hrs next time( usually always do), and then use a little less salty rub.
Thanks for looking. . .
Really looks good. Breast meat is really hard to keep from getting dry. That's why I mainly grill thighs.

Nice job on those they look really good! I am going to add this on the never ending to try list!
Thank you. I know what you mean, my list is pretty lengthy also.
Oh those chicken cordon bleu’s look awesome, has my stomach growling so close to lunchtime!
Thanks xray, pretty darn easy to do.
Now on my "to do" list. Great job!
Thank you very much !
Really looks good. Breast meat is really hard to keep from getting dry. That's why I mainly grill thighs.
Yea, skinless breasts got a pretty fine window between moist and dry.
Thighs are my favorite, right after the gizzards :emoji_wink:

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky