Charcoal Sales?!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I know in past years there were generally sales on charcoal on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any sales for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend?

Reactions: JLeonard
I just checked all my usual websites and did not find a single sale. In past years, I've noticed that Tuesday before MD is when sales are posted.

Interesting point is Embers at HD. Embers is the RO store brand. Usually they have hundreds of bags in stock at my local HD before MD. Today they had 27. Could be a Covid related supply issue.

No sale around here yet. HD has KBB twin packs stock piled in the isles but priced at 20 bucks. Kind of disappointing. I have started buying Kings ford Pro twin packs at Costco for $17 to get me by.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Haven’t seen any sales here since the pandemic. Memorial Day & July 4th are usually when HD has the sales. Hopefully they will this year too!
Al

Was at Home Depot the other day and stocked up on the Ember’s 2 20lb bags for $14.99. Love the embers charcoal. But like others I haven’t seen the Home Depot deal in a while

I just read several reports that mentioned how home charcoal use / demand skyrocketed last year during Covid lockdowns. It caused a shortage of both lump and briqs. Folks here at SMF mentioned having trouble finding charcoal last year. I actually started using my grill and smoker less during lockdown because my wife and I we're feeling so bad due to long-term effects of exposure. We ate a lot of minimum-effort mild-tasting dishes from the stove and oven.

Bottom line: higher demand generally doesn't result in sale prices, but I'm checking daily.

I like to start my seasonal year (Mem. Day to MD) with at least 500 lbs of sale- priced charcoal briqs. Probably not going to happen this year. I'm down to 9 x 15.4 lb bags of RO briqs.

I like to start my seasonal year (Mem. Day to MD) with at least 500 lbs of sale- priced charcoal briqs. Probably not going to happen this year. I'm down to 9 x 15.4 lb bags of RO briqs.

DANG BRO! That's some Serious Grillin and Smoking! I asked my Wife to get 4 bags figuring that would last to the MD sales...JJ

DANG BRO! That's some Serious Grillin and Smoking! I asked my Wife to get 4 bags figuring that would last to the MD sales...JJ

Eh, there's always carry-over from year to year. I often have 30-40 bags in the garage after the MD sale. My wife has been saying how nice it is that the section in the garage where I keep charcoal hasn't been filled with full bags. If there's a sale soon, "Guess what, Honey?"

Well, it's Wednesday. (Wait, let me check). Yep, it's Wednesday and I didn't find any sale prices at HD, Lowe's, or WM for charcoal I'd use in my smoker. I will check again tomorrow.

Depending on how the summer plays out, I may be switching back to mesquite lump. Everything will be hot n' fast if that happens.

Well, it's Wednesday. (Wait, let me check). Yep, it's Wednesday and I didn't find any sale prices at HD, Lowe's, or WM for charcoal I'd use in my smoker. I will check again tomorrow.

Depending on how the summer plays out, I may be switching back to mesquite lump. Everything will be hot n' fast if that happens.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky