Caveman Steaks and Country Blues (Louis Collins)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting cook. Looks like nice steaks.I've not tried Lump or cooking on it. Ill have to look into it...JJ

Reactions: PPG1
Pretty cool, I have never cooked steaks directly on the coals, but yours sure looks like they turned out excellent. Another one for the ToDo book!
Al

It's a fun cook. But it takes a little longer than usual because the meat partially smothers the coals. Also, don't use briquettes; use either lump charcoal or coals from a hardwood fire. I like to use sirloin steaks, loin tip, or strip steaks.

I first had this in southern Illinois, and they called it a Buffalo trow. It may have originated from native Americans who would ignite a buffalo chip and then throw the meat on top. But I'll stick with wood, thank you very much.

It's a fun cook. But it takes a little longer than usual because the meat partially smothers the coals. Also, don't use briquettes; use either lump charcoal or coals from a hardwood fire. I like to use sirloin steaks, loin tip, or strip steaks.

I first had this in southern Illinois, and they called it a Buffalo trow. It may have originated from native Americans who would ignite a buffalo chip and then throw the meat on top. But I'll stick with wood, thank you very much.
I have been wanting to try this for a couple of years now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky