Cassoulet Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That Looks Great, Sue!!! How Do You Do???
That's the first thing I though of was the Song, when you said, "My Name Is Sue".
You and John make a Great Team.
You did a Great Job making this & posting it too!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Well, I have to thank you for the inspiration Sue. Today is soup making day for Tracy. I have 3 large pots of different soups on the stove right now. Those will get put into tubs and frozen so she has lunches for the week at work. Tomorrow is gonna be my soup making day...one for me, and it's going to be this soup. I'm gonna make it early and sit there in front of the television all day eating soup and watching the playoffs. I just checked and don't have any smoked pork but I have turkey that's been smoked and I have 15# of fresh pork butt that I bought earlier to make sausage with. I could braise some of that if need be for the Cassoulet. I also have homemade Kielbasa in the freezer which would be fantastic in this recipe. One way or another, it's gonna be real good!!

Gonna make it happen,
Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Sue that looks great! Cassoulet is a favorite meal of my wife.

Get an account and sign up to join the party!
Thanks for the like and nice comments xray!
Ah!
So now we know who is really behind John's cooks. :emoji_laughing:
Just kidding John.
Looks you guys make good partners in crime.
And congrats on making the carousel ride.
Sorry forgot thank you for the like!

That Looks Great, Sue!!! How Do You Do???
That's the first thing I though of was the Song, when you said, "My Name Is Sue".
You and John make a Great Team.
You did a Great Job making this & posting it too!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear for the like and the kind words of encouragement. You are right, John and I are a great team!

Sue

Last edited:
Awesome meal there Sue looks like a good cold weather rib sticker. My wife and I share the kitchen all the time. Hope Robert was doing the clean up detail for you.

Warren

Last edited:
My name is Sue. I am using my husband's login (Smokin' in AZ) to post a cook that we did with leftover smoked pork tenderloin. Here goes…

We decided it was time to make a pot of Cassoulet. This may sound foofy, but it is just a French named meat and bean stew. We’ve been making this recipe for several years that we found from Taste of Home. But, we decided to make it even better by including smoked pork tenderloin that was leftover from our Anniversary cook. The recipe we had used for the pork was Jeff’s Cherry Bourbon Smoked Pork Tenderloin, which we cooked on our RecTec with Competition Blend Lumberjack pellets. However, for the Cassoulet, we didn’t need the delicious Cherry Bourbon Compote, darn it.

The original recipe is https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cassoulet-for-the-gang/

Ingredients – Our modifications:
1 pound smoked pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon EVOO
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained, divided
3/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth, divided
And, of course, Wine for the Chef to drink while preparing the meal…

View attachment 427730 View attachment 427731

In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute kielbasa in oil until lightly browned. Add leftover smoked pork tenderloin. We use our Dutch Oven as specified in the recipe. It is a great low and slow cooking vessel.

View attachment 427732

Add carrots and onion; saute. Add garlic.
View attachment 427733

Stir in the tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
View attachment 427734

Place 1 can of beans in a food processor; add 1/4 cup wine. Cover and process until pureed. Stir into meat mixture.

Everything in the pool…Stir in the remaining beans and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
View attachment 427735

I wasn't going to do this post, so I didn't take any plated pics - sorry guys. But, here is a final pic of the completed cook. It is really easy and delish, so I encourage you all to try it. Bon Appetit...
View attachment 427736

John said to say, "thanks for looking"

Hi there and welcome Sue!

That is fantastic!!!!!
I love cassoulets and my favorite way to eat rabbit is done this way wen I find it.

I second the fact that you should get an account so you can join in on the fun with us all here and we can get more of your great posts :)

Awesome meal there Sue looks like a good cold weather rib sticker. My wife and I share the kitchen all the time. Hope Robert was doing the clean up detaol for you.

What the heck does "Robert" have to do with this? I don't know how I got drug into this fracas :emoji_anguished:

Not doing any stinking dishes,
ROBERT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky