Camping and camp food

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
The weather was perfect this weekend so we took two nights at the lake. Probably not what the kids wanted but it builds character right?

This was definitely not roughing it, our favorite is hike in or boondocking but we'll take whatever we can get, time permitting.

20231104_094155.jpg

20231104_094725.jpg

20231104_094325.jpg

We whipped up your basic eggs, bacon, hashbrown breakfast, pie iron pizza pockets, and a pan full of pulled pork sliders.

20231103_210232.jpg

20231103_210315.jpg

20231103_210731.jpg

20231103_220053.jpg

A package of Hawaiian roles in half, cheese, pulled pork, cheese and cooked in a covered foil pan flipping several times until gooey. Just cut them apart like brownies. Fantastic!
signal-2023-11-04-15-45-49-166.jpg

Slap on the counter pizza dough and fixins. Nice and gentle in oiled pie irons until golden.
20231104_154733.jpg

And yout basic camp grub breakfast.
20231104_100145.jpg

Was a great time.... oh, almost forgot! These creatures were everywhere... we're gonna need to cull the herd.
20231104_083548.jpg

Go camping... it's fun!

Last edited:
That just looks like a great couple days of not roughing it.
I'd be in for that. Nice to see the wild life also. Mona would go nuts there.

I'm with Charles Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke camping smells in the morning , fantastic. And i like the smell of brewed coffee in the morning and I don't even like coffee.

David

Reactions: philpom
Loots like a fantastic camp trip! Camp food is always a mystical home run!
Isn't that the truth! For some odd reason many of the stories that start with "The best [insert food hear] we ever had was that time we were camping....

I think when you work hard and are exposed to the elements it just doesn't take much to be extremely satisfied.

The weather was perfect this weekend so we took two nights at the lake. Probably not what the kids wanted but it builds character right?

This was definitely not roughing it, our favorite is hike in or boondocking but we'll take whatever we can get, time permitting.

View attachment 680371
View attachment 680372
View attachment 680376

We whipped up your basic eggs, bacon, hashbrown breakfast, pie iron pizza pockets, and a pan full of pulled pork sliders.

View attachment 680381
View attachment 680380
View attachment 680379
View attachment 680378
A package of Hawaiian roles in half, cheese, pulled pork, cheese and cooked in a covered foil pan flipping several times until gooey. Just cut them apart like brownies. Fantastic!
View attachment 680374
Slap on the counter pizza dough and fixins. Nice and gentle in oiled pie irons until golden.
View attachment 680375

View attachment 680373

Was a great time.... oh, almost forgot! These creatures were everywhere... we're gonna need to cull the herd.
View attachment 680377

Go camping... it's fun!
loves me some "pudgie pies" haven't had pie irons since we were kids. Rest looks bueno too.

Have a truck camper and spend many weekends with the family at truck and tractor pulls.
Biggest trek was to the Black Hills. Close quarters in the camper so Dad slept in a tent while the family enjoyed silence from my snoring.
I thought my kids didn't like our treks. Years later I learn they are cherished memories.
Son and I had many years camping while scouting. Love hate for an 11 YO in severe storms and years later with the crappy camp food. He learned to adapt and swap foods
Don't discount the obvious

Killer looking chow! We had a silly name for the pie irons when I was a kid but darn if I can remember. I still have 3-4 in the shed. This gives me ideas.

Great looking set up. And like Ryan, Brokenhandle Brokenhandle , said…. I am adoptable. Heck I’ll be the lovable inappropriate uncle!

Jim
Thanks, the camper was a custom build, took me about 2 years of spare time. Let's call it 95% done.

So many folks need a new family! I'm afraid that after our current batch is out of the nest we are done! LOL

Thanks, the camper was a custom build, took me about 2 years of spare time. Let's call it 95% done.

So many folks need a new family! I'm afraid that after our current batch is out of the nest we are done! LOL
Ah I was wondering on the camper..... I've seen a couple smaller units like that and was wondering what brand, but now I know. The outside looks nice!

Ah I was wondering on the camper..... I've seen a couple smaller units like that and was wondering what brand, but now I know. The outside looks nice!
A couple of pics of the inside. This is back home so it's not setup for use. Camp stuff is stored inside. Uses a sleeper sofa combo. Wired with 12v and 120v service with battery monitors, QC3 USB, and standard 12v sockets. 100ah deep cycle, LED lighting etc.

20231108_172310.jpg

20231108_172239.jpg

Reactions: Timber II and BigW.

View attachment 680371
View attachment 680372
View attachment 680376

View attachment 680381
View attachment 680380
View attachment 680379
View attachment 680378
View attachment 680374
View attachment 680375

View attachment 680373

View attachment 680377

Go camping... it's fun!
Looks like a great time!

Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky