Cajun Red Beans And Rice.....The Real Deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Delicious cook, Jake, and now I have to make some Andouille. Making me more work, bud lol. All crap aside, everything looks fantastic.
Appreciate it Doug. Get that sausage made and give this a try! Delicious

Reactions: DougE
You hit that one out of the park Jake.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: TNJAKE
I have made many a pot of red beans myself. First I heard of smashing some of them. After about 3 hours, for me they thicken up. That is when I add salt and start tasting. They get creamy on their own, but that has just been my experience.

I have made many a pot of red beans myself. First I heard of smashing some of them. After about 3 hours, for me they thicken up. That is when I add salt and start tasting. They get creamy on their own, but that has just been my experience.
I assure you the smashing of the beans is a common thing. Also it's nothing to do really with thickening them up. The smash and the butter add creaminess to the dish

Somehow I missed this,great post.

I will do this with one exception the sausage will be chourico.

Somehow I missed this,great post.

I will do this with one exception the sausage will be chourico.
Thanks bud. Had to look that up. Portuguese chorizo. Looks like it will work wonderful as it's already commonly used in Portuguese red beans and rice. Very interesting. Please let me know how it turns out!

I assure you the smashing of the beans is a common thing. Also it's nothing to do really with thickening them up. The smash and the butter add creaminess to the dish
Not saying it isn't common. Merely saying I hadn't heard of it, and my parents grew up in Louisiana. Maybe they said to do that and I missed that part.

Well, whaddayaknow, my mom says she will do that if they don't look creamy enough. And, I misspoke above. When I sad thicken, that is what I liken to the beans becoming creamy.

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky