Cajun Garlic Shrimp And Spicy Red Sauce With Pasta (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Tracy decided to take a few days and go visit family in Wichita so I was a bachelor over the weekend. Spent a lot of time working on the SM grill but decided I needed to take advantage of her being gone and do up some seafood. I love seafood and I love Cajun food. Seemed like a good combination so threw this together.

Start with a couple big cloves of my spicy pickled garlic. This stuff is righteous.
020_Fotogenic.jpg

10 large shrimp peeled and deveined
023_Fotogenic.jpg

Chop up the garlic and put it in a skillet with some of my garlic EVOO
024_Fotogenic.jpg

Roast the garlic a bit and add tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, cayenne, celery, and onions
025_Fotogenic.jpg

Shrimp cut up and in another skillet with more of the garlic EVOO and a nice sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
026_Fotogenic.jpg

Lightly cook the shrimp and add it to the sauce
027_Fotogenic.jpg

Stir it all up and let simmer for a few minutes
028_Fotogenic.jpg

Served over egg noodles with a basic wedge salad and re-purposed hamburger buns grilled with butter...and yes, more Cajun seasoning
032_Fotogenic.jpg

The Cajun flavor was undeniable and very bold, exactly as I wanted it. The garlic and cayenne were very flavor forward and for my perception of how I like Cajun food were perfect. This meal was ugly as all get-out but boy oh boy it was a flavor bomb. I could easily eat this a couple times a week and never get tired of it. Thought about adding a catfish fillet but decided to just stick with the shrimp and I'm glad I did. There would have been too many things going on here and I didn't want to overpower the shrimp. I was happy, sated, and looking forward to the next bachelor night.

Thanks for dropping in and I'll see y'all again soon I hope.

Robert

Yeah, maybe next time the wife goes out of town, I'll make this over GF pasta. I'm not a big fan of pasta, but that looks delicious.

Funny thing is, my wife is from Louisiana and will not eat any kind of shellfish. Can't even stand the smell of it ... go figure. About the only fish she will eat is tuna, salmon, and talapia, so I always get my fix when she goes out of town.

Doug

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Looks stellar Robert! I loved the spicy garlic you sent me so I know that kicked up the flavor. Nice work bud

Nothing wrong with that meal. Cajun Spiced Shrimp are good by themselves. The Sauce and Pasta, icing on the cake...JJ

Dang that looks great. I guess that would of been good weekend to come! Ended up taking Gretchen to vet on Sat morn. Some kind of infection in her foot. They not sure from what, they thought maybe broke toe, but had to keep her from licking it and did not want to use cone. Man that was a long night but after scolding her each time she finally left it alone and it scabbed over now.

Looks great Robert! I too am a sucker for shrimp in red sauce. I might have to do some fra diavolo after seeing this.

That's a fine looking bachelor plate Robert, I could go for that meal once a week, Like! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky