Burger Night In Tennessee!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I eat the heck out of tomatoes when they are in season. If I become unable to grow a whole garden, at some point, I will still grow tomatoes. There is nothing in this world like picking a fresh tomato off the vine and eating it.
Same here. Was lucky to have my great grandparents in my life until I was close to 18. Real old school Mississippi folk. We lived nextdoor. They had tomatoes with every meal in the summer then bitched all winter about tomatoes lol. My love affair started then. We've always had a garden since me and Emily married almost 20 years ago. Last 2 years we slacked. Gotta get some deer outta here and get one planted next summer. Took this pic a couple days ago out of my door about 6ft away. They are out of control. I'm a sucker and like having them here. Gonna have to do something though
IMG_20220611_143640.jpg

Good looking burger Jake ! I am getting a few tomatoes now and I already have the walla walla onions harvested just waiting to be sliced and placed on a 1/2 pound burger !! And I better not forget to thaw out that bacon either !!
Thanks Joe. If you ever break free of communism you should move close to me. Bring beer, bacon and a gun

Reactions: poacherjoe
I eat the heck out of tomatoes when they are in season. If I become unable to grow a whole garden, at some point, I will still grow tomatoes. There is nothing in this world like picking a fresh tomato off the vine and eating it.
Growing up our neighbor would plant 2 acres of maters he did it just to share..... after all the neighbors had their fill they would turn us kids loose and we were like vampires' just one bite to break the skin then drain the juice and move on till we were sick!

Lol was 111° here today with a low of 79° fresh tomatoes are hitting here pretty hard now. I'm a tomato junkie and like them with every meal so I'll give the GR a go. If you find yourself in Tennessee stop by and I'll feed you and get you some maters
Here is GR's... GR made the burrata in house....It was GOOD
HC-Mater.jpg

Here is a version of mine....
HC-mater2.jpg

Thanks bud. There is a beer in both pics of the burgers on the hood of my truck and another 10 injected directly into my liver
Liver, LMAO, left that behind like my dad lost his funny bone. They dissolve over time. Just what I was told.

Same here. Was lucky to have my great grandparents in my life until I was close to 18. Real old school Mississippi folk. We lived nextdoor. They had tomatoes with every meal in the summer then bitched all winter about tomatoes lol. My love affair started then. We've always had a garden since me and Emily married almost 20 years ago. Last 2 years we slacked. Gotta get some deer outta here and get one planted next summer. Took this pic a couple days ago out of my door about 6ft away. They are out of control. I'm a sucker and like having them here. Gonna have to do something thoughView attachment 634664
That little guy would make some fine steaks.
I miss the old folks, and their way of life. Those were good people.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Liver, LMAO, left that behind like my dad lost his funny bone. They dissolve over time. Just what I was told.

That little guy would make some fine steaks.
I miss the old folks, and their way of life. Those were good people.
I mostly have old friends lol. I do that on purpose

This is a beefsteak variety called "Supersteak" that I have grown off and on. No need to prune tomatoes off to get fruits this size either. this one is about average.

1655168800999.png

• Wow
Reactions: bauchjw
Awesome summer meal! Man that plate looks perfect! Tomato makes it though, can’t beat an amazing tomato on a perfectly cooked burger! Points for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky