• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Well, Judy & I were definitely blessed with a wonderful gift package from Robert tx smoker tx smoker . I won’t get into what was in there, but everyone will ultimately get a chance to see it posted on here. So starting out with some of his homemade breakfast sausage. It was excellent with some eggs & toast.
DDD3F093-90A5-40A0-AFE4-51507690B34D.jpeg

Now on to the main event.

4BD39766-640A-4AF5-9514-15B6C97A0B40.jpeg

According to Robert this is a #103 sub primal rib section. We have been using a marinade on all the beef we have been eating lately, and I reluctantly put these ribs in it overnight. It’s the same one I used on the skirt steak & the TT that I just did.

7EE0AB27-C62A-4CD9-90C8-C91FD5B6CE7C.jpeg

B10D4F8F-239E-4549-976F-E408AEF76B63.jpeg

Out of the fridge & coated with a Canadian steak seasoning from Canada. Oh, and just for references, this is a 17”x12” pan that the ribs are in!

D272F815-32A5-4789-88BD-BAC2C4E9F4C3.jpeg

Into the Rec tec on extreme smoke.

9DD925CC-30E0-493B-A801-9D11C9F45E33.jpeg

After a couple of hours I set the smoker to 215 & it took about 6 hours until it probed tender all the way through. The final IT was 146.

D307E0F8-8435-44F5-AAA8-71FECDB06F2B.jpeg

94D6E290-39C6-44CD-ACD0-9C5C43A969FF.jpeg

I think I’m a happy camper! These things are huge.

A4ECF863-5EA8-4886-BAB7-5D8F8D4AA96D.jpeg

Prime rib on a stick!!

35E5E392-2917-4E79-BAE8-DFBA0B2913EA.jpeg

OMG!! They are just so tender & juicy. You can even see the juice running down my chin!

88BF96B1-B8BF-4865-9FA2-94DA5593837A.jpeg

A big thank you to Robert for sending these to Judy & I. We could only eat 1 rib each, so we have 2 more meals & a snack. The ribs were not only tender & juicy, but they had a real beefy flavor. They tasted like the best ribeye I have ever eaten. Thanks for looking Guys and Gals!
Al

Attachments

• 9C2C611A-3915-42F5-A2FA-48351699883F.jpeg
    9C2C611A-3915-42F5-A2FA-48351699883F.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 11
  • FCEE2DCB-AD28-4F51-A1AE-19D67D734A31.jpeg
    FCEE2DCB-AD28-4F51-A1AE-19D67D734A31.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 11
  • F12476EC-9E11-41CB-AABB-9E210E72CC52.jpeg
    F12476EC-9E11-41CB-AABB-9E210E72CC52.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 300C0CC5-5E0B-4D43-BE28-32F771D36F17.jpeg
    300C0CC5-5E0B-4D43-BE28-32F771D36F17.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 14
Wicked nice job on those ribs Al. You've got that Rec Tec dialed in. Roberts generosity never stops. This world needs more folks like him.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinAl
I won’t get into what was in there, but everyone will ultimately get a chance to see it posted on here.
Hopefully you and Judy will enjoy what was sent. Tracy is aware of your legacy here in the forum and when I mentioned sending you the ribs, she said to pull out all the stops. I tried to put together a small package with some variety for you.
According to Robert this is a #103 sub primal rib section.
That is correct. It is a 7 bone rib section (ribs 6-12) which is cut straight off the cow and shipped to me. The roast was in the 30 pound range when I got it. Then I cut the ribs off the roast and sent them to you. It is nothing more than prime rib with the bones still in tact.
Prime rib on a stick!!
GORGEOUS!! You'd never think to cook ribs medium rare to medium but with these you can get away with it and have a delicious outcome. As I knew you would, you cooked those to absolute perfection.
OMG!! They are just so tender & juicy. You can even see the juice running down my chin!
That pic right there says it all. That's one of the most amazing looking racks of ribs I've seen here. Give me moderator status for 5 minutes and I'm putting this one on the carousel sir :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Those beef ribs look fantastic! Great job preparing them Al and thanks for sharing the cook. Robert, you're The Man!

tx smoker tx smoker
"Robert, you and Tracy rock", enuff said.

negolien negolien
This is what I've talked about before once or twice, about how to cook that type of rib.
It's Prime Rib or Ribeye on a stick and most of us would never go past Medium Rare on those cuts, so why do so many go Medium Well or Well.
Plate ribs are Brisket on a stick and should be cooked accordingly.

Wicked nice job on those ribs Al. You've got that Rec Tec dialed in. Roberts generosity never stops. This world needs more folks like him.

Point for sure
Chris
Robert is a gem, for sure! Those freaking giant ribs look amazing. I love how they filled a sheet pan. Haha!
Thanks Guys!
Al
Hopefully you and Judy will enjoy what was sent. Tracy is aware of your legacy here in the forum and when I mentioned sending you the ribs, she said to pull out all the stops. I tried to put together a small package with some variety for you.

That is correct. It is a 7 bone rib section (ribs 6-12) which is cut straight off the cow and shipped to me. The roast was in the 30 pound range when I got it. Then I cut the ribs off the roast and sent them to you. It is nothing more than prime rib with the bones still in tact.

GORGEOUS!! You'd never think to cook ribs medium rare to medium but with these you can get away with it and have a delicious outcome. As I knew you would, you cooked those to absolute perfection.

That pic right there says it all. That's one of the most amazing looking racks of ribs I've seen here. Give me moderator status for 5 minutes and I'm putting this one on the carousel sir :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks again Robert!
Al
Amazing ribs for sure! Robert is certainly a great guy.
Thanks & I agree!
Al
They are prime rib and don't need to be cooked to death to be tender like most beef ribs. The trick is just to cook until they probe tender and stop. After that they will start to toughen up and get chewy.

Robert
Thanks Robert for clarifying that!
Al
Those beef ribs look fantastic! Great job preparing them Al and thanks for sharing the cook. Robert, you're The Man!

Dang'it Al, you did those bones proud!
Prime rib on a stick, hell yeah!
They... Look... So... Good!

What a fine gifts from a first class couple.
Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks fellas, & yes first class for sure.
Al
tx smoker tx smoker
"Robert, you and Tracy rock", enuff said.

negolien negolien
This is what I've talked about before once or twice, about how to cook that type of rib.
It's Prime Rib or Ribeye on a stick and most of us would never go past Medium Rare on those cuts, so why do so many go Medium Well or Well.
Plate ribs are Brisket on a stick and should be cooked accordingly.
Thanks for clarifying that Chili!
Al
They look great Al, hats off to Robert and Tracy they are very generous people.
Thank you & agree!
Al
Those look Awesome!

- Jason

Thanks Fellas!
Al

Reactions: millerbuilds
Well, Judy & I were definitely blessed with a wonderful gift package from Robert tx smoker tx smoker . I won’t get into what was in there, but everyone will ultimately get a chance to see it posted on here. So starting out with some of his homemade breakfast sausage. It was excellent with some eggs & toast.
View attachment 639091

Now on to the main event.

View attachment 639093

According to Robert this is a #103 sub primal rib section. We have been using a marinade on all the beef we have been eating lately, and I reluctantly put these ribs in it overnight. It’s the same one I used on the skirt steak & the TT that I just did.

View attachment 639094
View attachment 639096

Out of the fridge & coated with a Canadian steak seasoning from Canada. Oh, and just for references, this is a 17”x12” pan that the ribs are in!

View attachment 639099

Into the Rec tec on extreme smoke.

View attachment 639100

After a couple of hours I set the smoker to 215 & it took about 6 hours until it probed tender all the way through. The final IT was 146.

View attachment 639105

View attachment 639101

I think I’m a happy camper! These things are huge.

View attachment 639102

Prime rib on a stick!!

View attachment 639103

View attachment 639104

A big thank you to Robert for sending these to Judy & I. We could only eat 1 rib each, so we have 2 more meals & a snack. The ribs were not only tender & juicy, but they had a real beefy flavor. They tasted like the best ribeye I have ever eaten. Thanks for looking Guys and Gals!
Al

Wow that is awesome!!!!!
Great job on the cook and a big :emoji_thumbsup:to tx smoker tx smoker for sending you such a great gift!! :)

Wow that is awesome!!!!!
Great job on the cook and a big :emoji_thumbsup:to tx smoker tx smoker for sending you such a great gift!! :)

Wow! Big ol rack! Great job Al!
And a big thumbs up to tx smoker tx smoker !

Looks awesome Al! And a great gesture from Robert for sure!

Ryan

Ribs look great Al, I sure would be all over that breakfast plate too.
Thanks fellas, and I agree Robert is the man!
Al

Great cook/smoke on the ribs Al.
Love the marinate you did . And they look good.
And YES the breakfast plate looks awesome also.

How do you keep your smoker so clean....lol

David

Sorry meant to say Robert is also awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky