Brisket while at our church's Family Camp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokininalberta

Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
Here are some pictures of the most recent brisket while camping. Injected with garlic beef broth, in the portable propane smoker for 15 hours, burnt ends and flat slices turned out well.

Everyone seemed to enjoy, I missed getting a shot of the flat slices fanned out on the serving platter though. My wife said, not bad but more practice required, then a wink.

We (my wife mostly) even did two apple pies in the smoker.

How did the apple pies go over?? I've always wondered how 'campfire' baked goods would end up tasting.
Compliments all around.
These were actually #2 & #3 that we have done in the propane smoker. Really just a gas oven when you don't add the smoke [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Camping or Glamping, whatever it was. I don't think camping is an excuse not to have a good meal :yahoo: It seems like that is the only time that I can take the required time to do a full out spread.
Thanks for the comments!

Camping or Glamping, whatever it was. I don't think camping is an excuse not to have a good meal
yahoo.gif
It seems like that is the only time that I can take the required time to do a full out spread.
Thanks for the comments!
I like your style! We used to get food from a can when we camped as kids.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky