Brisket Over Night Low Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
This is more of a shout out to SmokinAl SmokinAl for his help. I wanted to be able to go to the river which I usually leave about 10:30 am. Reached out to Al about using the low smoke all night and said that is the way to go! He does 12 hours on his. Got the brisket injected with Butcher BBQ Prime Barbecue Brisket Injection and seasoned with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub in the morning. Man I glad I made a run to the store for that rub. Really good seasoning! RecTec going and Brisket on at 6pm on low smoke. About 4:30 brisket hit 165. Looked at the hopper and hardly used any pellets. I thought I would try Butcher Paper this time. Kind of tore here and there. Sprayed to much water on it. Went into the MES40 at 275. Man this thing was coming up slow! I have a smart plug on smoker so can shut it off remotely so just went to river. I guess time ran out on auber even though I shut it off and back on before I left and it shutdown when brisket got to 201. I was shooting for 204. Using the butcher paper takes longer than foil I think. Ended up really good. The smoke taste was about perfect and great smoke ring. Not many pictures as was not planning on posting.

I will be doing the long low smoke in the future. Was hoping to have done before leaving and doing a long rest but did not work out. It did rest in MES until go to 145. I not sure I will do butcher paper again? I sure missed the broth for spicy gravy but the bark was better! I keep the point for myself and split up the flat for friends.

IMG_20230525_172425509_HDR.jpg IMG_20230526_041338886.jpg

Last edited:
I’m glad to hear it worked out so well for you Brian!
I have been using the Extreme smoke setting on almost everything I smoke and have had very favorable results. The pork loin & ABT’S I just smoked were done on Extreme smoke the whole time, yes it takes longer, but I really like the results that I get. I’ve had the R/T for about 1 year & am still learning things about it!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky