Brisket froze up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matthew evans

Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Bought a full packer that was sealed and packed on the 8th with the plan to wet age for 30 days.  I set the fridge on high because I presumed people would access the fridge about once a day.  Went to San Francisco for a week and came back the other day to a frozen brisket.  Lowered the fridge temp and since them it is slowly getting to a normal fridge temp.  Am I good to continue for another week?  Or should I just get it open and smoked this weekend?  I'm sure freezing it just defeated the point of wet aging. But just wondering if someone else has had this issue?

Last edited:
The Aging stopped when it froze. Defrost and smoke it as freezing tenderizes anyway and you will not gain anything waiting a couple of weeks longer...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky