Boneless & Stuffed Chicken Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
sFAOgFg.jpg

I recently made some whole stuffed chicken wings 3 ways. First were a couple with breakfast sausage, then 4 with Asian chicken filling, and 4 more that were like a jalapeno popper filling.

Cooking time was close to an hour total with a 350° pit temp, and I only monitor the temp of the filling, and watch the color of the skin. Removing the bones from the drumette and flat takes a few minutes, stuffing is pretty easy and I leave enough room so I can tuck the meat back in to seal the end. Or you can fill more and use a toothpick.

You will see filling recipes using everything from mac-n-cheese, fried rice, or about any kind of meatball mixture you can think of.
ZkeI2x9.jpg

44Q1B6G.jpg

h6RWHEb.jpg

There once was a food truck here in SC that specialized in stuffed chicken wings, 2 Fat 2 Fly. Never had their wings, but heard a lot of good things about them. They were even on one or more TV shows such as GMA or The Today Show or something like that. I never saw them, though...

DO WHAT... How DaHell to you debone it ? (off to you tube I go)

Looking like it's just the flap ? Don't see any drumettes...
I mostly used scissors to snip around the bones, a knife is too easy to poke a hole in the skin. Mine have the drumette and the flat which is why the pouch is so large. I think you could only stuff the flat, it's really easy to de-bone.

Those look amazing!! I'd murder a dozen
These guys are amazingly filling...

Reactions: DieselTech
I just boned about 13 of the full wings. Going to go Asian themed and stuff with egg roll type stuffing and finish them with some Bachan’s Japanese sauce. Thanks again for posting these.

I just boned about 13 of the full wings. Going to go Asian themed and stuff with egg roll type stuffing and finish them with some Bachan’s Japanese sauce. Thanks again for posting these.
Heheee, I was curious how soon someone would jump in and try these 👍. The Asian theme is a solid choice. I'd appreciate your recipe and review.

We used ground chicken, lemongrass, sweet peppers, green onion, garlic, oyster sauce, rice noodles, and a splash of potsticker sauce. I was a Beta Tester for Oakridge BBQ's "Siagon 21" rub and still had some, so that went on the outside. In hindsight, I should have included some wings in my initial test cook when reviewing this rub.
UomKHoW.jpg

That looks delicious.
I will let you know tomorrow. The stuffing will be mostly angel hair cabbage, carrot, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Will make a fried rice to go with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky