Bearcarver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With Memorial week coming up John, Bearcarver been on my mind. Going to have to do a tribute cook this weekend. I know there are lots of folks we missing now. Best of wishes to all their family's!

Oh no I didn't know this. He definitely helped me with prime rib. He was a master expert at those!!!! RIP

So many great comments. I decided on his SV grill country ribs. I picked some up today. I have gave up on these things and I know Bear can still help me!
That sounds like a great idea. I haven't put CSR in the SV. I still do his pulled butt ham occasionally and keep vac sealed portions in the freezer. It makes great sammiches among other things.

That sounds like a great idea. I haven't put CSR in the SV. I still do his pulled butt ham occasionally and keep vac sealed portions in the freezer. It makes great sammiches among other things.
A friend boils then in vinegar water than grills them on foil with sauce. They actually taste pretty darn good. I use to be able to just grills these years ago and they wound turn out good but not had any luck anymore. Pretty much threw the towel in! I have high hopes for these.

Reactions: mr_whipple
A friend boils then in vinegar water than grills them on foil with sauce. They actually taste pretty darn good. I use to be able to just grills these years ago and they wound turn out good but not had any luck anymore. Pretty much threw the towel in! I have high hopes for these.
I've done a few batches in the instant pot that were quite tasty. I don't do FOTB ribs, but for CSR I make the exception. Hopefully yours turn out...fingers crossed!

Sounds good . Just make sure where they are cut from .
The ones he has look like loin meat .
If yours are from the shoulder , you may need to adjust cook time .
I'll be watching .
They all have the bone in. Think I will raise to 160 or maybe even 165 and check at 24 hrs. Thanks bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
, Mrs Bear's raspberry chiffon pie is
Yes that one and I have a few others that bear sent to me .

This one was a big hit in my Mother in law asked for it thread.
Bear was like me . Loved his sweets. Last going off ha said he could only have a little at a time

Mrs. Bears " Cherries in the Snow "
1716460194098.png

But on an other note he also liked his Scrapple, I never tried but did find a recipe for it in one of my old time books.

David

With Memorial week coming up John, Bearcarver been on my mind. Going to have to do a tribute cook this weekend. I know there are lots of folks we missing now. Best of wishes to all their family's!

Having only been here about 4 1/2 years I unfortunately only barely got to interact with John.
I have participated in many "less civil" groups, and only hope I can contribute an iota of what he did. RIP and thank you for your service.

Yes that one and I have a few others that bear sent to me .

This one was a big hit in my Mother in law asked for it thread.
Bear was like me . Loved his sweets. Last going off ha said he could only have a little at a time

Mrs. Bears " Cherries in the Snow "
View attachment 697337

But on an other note he also liked his Scrapple, I never tried but did find a recipe for it in one of my old time books.

David
Yes, I've made the Cherries in the Snow and it was very good. Still wanting to make the Peanut Butter Meltaways.

We got all of the ingredients on hand. Just gotta get to it. It doesn't seem difficult.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yes, I've made the Cherries in the Snow and it was very good. Still wanting to make the Peanut Butter Meltaways.

Cherries in the snow was very good,
I made Johns meltaways, They were so bad , that I almost ate the whole tray at 1 sitting, :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing:

Also Made his Sho Fly cake, now that was a different taste that I also loved . I had never heard of it as a cake . So of coarse I had to try . Loved it also.

My try at Bears cake , was great, a few others in the thread ^^^^ above also made it.

David

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky