Best place for 5mil Nitrile gloves during Covid?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Tried to buy some today....wholly cow! 4X price increase since the last time I bought a box in february prior to Covid. So where's the best place online to order? Anyone got some good deals pegged down??

Sam's has been out but on my last trip they were fully stocked. Before they restocked I was buying the orange Oklahoma joe's nitrile from lowes

You're just gonna have to pay the increased price... Or go without them for cooking and wash your hands more.

As a first responder I NEED them... As a cook.. I do not.
I really only use gloves when adding cure to meats. Not good for your skin to contact the nitrites for a prolonged period of time...
https://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/2258.pdf
Contact can irritate the skin and eyes.
Inhaling Sodium Nitritecan irritate the nose and throat causing coughing and wheezing.
High levels of this substance can reduce the blood’s ability to transport Oxygen,causing headache, fatigue, dizziness, and a blue color to the skin and lips (methemoglobinemia). Exposure to very high levels can cause trouble breathing, collapse and even death

Think of getting something along the line of these, and even good for meat mixing if you've just got a small batch of sausage to do.

Opens right up when I click on it, don't know what to say. They are some insulated gloves that keep all the bad stuff out and still will protect your skin from hot and cold. Easy enough to find of you really need or want them. RAY

I've always gotten mine from Harbor Freight.
Haven't needed to purchases any this year as I got a box last year and still have most of my previous box..

I use them for any ground meat handling as it is easier for a quick hand wash.
I also use them for bread making to keep the dough from sticking.

I reuse by washing them with a good soap and water bath, rinse and dry on the basement clothesline.
I re-start the process by washing again with soap and water followed by a complete rinse.

Copy and paste the entire http address on your message sawhorseray... the software is not posting amazon links for some reason... I had this same problem couple weeks ago when I tried to post an amazon link.
Thanks!

I'm with them Harbor Freight bought some there about a month ago again

I’m with the Harbor Freight gang too. Google Harbor Freight Coupons and you can find a 20% off a single item coupon. I buy them for work and home. Went to one HF and they were out, another one was fully stocked, so you might want to call ahead.

Reactions: Fueling Around
At the beginning of Covid Harbor Freight donated all their gloves to first responders, so for a time they were out, But my store has them now in stock.
Al

Reactions: Fueling Around
I found nitrile gloves at Target. No mil thickness lister; one size fits most. Did not check price although the box contained 100 gloves.

Here is another site:
Shout out for My DDS supply. I bought EXTRA LARGE XL Aurelia Robust Nitrile Powder Free Examination Gloves (Box of 100) for $20 plus tax, shipping included, which is about $10 cheaper than anything on Amazon. They are thick enough to do the job and have a bit of texture so they grip OK.

I usually wear a large, but the XL fits over the cotton gloves so I can handle smoker-temp stuff without worry, such as pulling pulled pork with my hands, which is so much easier than using forks. I was using these clown-sized silicone gloves that were super insulated and gave great protection, but were lousy for dexterity. I much prefer the nitrile over the cotton gloves.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Glad the site worked out for you. Good site for the face masks if you are so inclined. Now prepare yourself for the occasional sale on dental supplies! Enjoy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky