Brisket... Its been years...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The negative side I love about smoking/grilling... Food is cooking. Which allows for my to try new spots to eat at while waiting.

Yesterday... I tried a Middle Eastern place that was amazing. I was looking for a special spice to make a Syrian comfort food, and decided to stop into this Middle Eastern restaurant. Amazing!

If you've never tried it, I have a few Syrian friends that when asked about comfort food; like BBQ is to me, mentioned Kibbeh. I have eaten it made by a group of Syrian church women and by the mother of my Syrian friends.

This place in Orange County was amazing and my lady and I will be going there for dinner on our next Disney trip. (Yes, Im making my own light saber and buying a Jedi Robe.... I am still and will always be a Star Wars geek)

Sorry for the delay guys.... So, here are the pics from last weeks Brisket. When I pulled it was too late, I went to bed. I rarely do anything online during the week, as Im on a computer all day.

Anyway, The furthest part of the flat came out a bit dry. Mid flat came out good, and the point was nice. It was a "good" brisket, but Ive made better.

I don't know, Im having a beast of a time dialing my OKJ reverse flow smoker in this season. Ive done everything the same... and for some reason, when I do the minion method, the coals just keep catching on fire like a California Wild Fire.

Im going to factory reset my Fireboard. Im going to clean the smoker up and seal off what I think are problem spots. Im buying a new fan and relocating it under the cooking chamber pointing towards the inlet damper to avoid blowing ash towards the cooking chamber opening.

Overall, this cook was successful, but I wasn't ecstatic about the results. I hope to buy a better brisket for less and turn a different outcome.

We will see....

Brisket Smoked 1 - 071319.jpg

Brisket Smoked 3.1 - 071319.jpg

Brisket Smoked 2 - 071319.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky