• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best Half Time Show Ever

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have watched every half time show since they started and this one was the best ever by far - What an amazing performance by the Black Eyed Peas

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
Green Bay better tighten up, its slipping away

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Not sure if best ever, But dif one of the best.  I can't remember them all.

bamaboy

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 26, 2010
I wish I could have seen it.I am stuck at work,don't want to be here tonight.but at least I have you guys to keep me entertained.lol

davemt

Joined Jan 6, 2011
Lights were good, singing bad.

Christina Aguilera   flubbed the National Anthem.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
I don't know about that ...the wardrobe malfunction by janet jackson  was pretty good!!!! LOL

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Must have been budget cuts this year cuz they stunk! For once I'd like to see someone just sing the "Anthem" right without trying to yodel it and get the words right.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Must have been budget cuts this year cuz they stunk! For once I'd like to see someone just sing the "Anthem" right without trying to yodel it and get the words right.
You are confusing the halftime with Cristina Aguilera singing the NA - Two totally different shows. The Black Eyed Peas and Usher rocked the halftime at least with the 20 people here who were singing and dancing to it

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
You are confusing the halftime with Cristina Aguilera singing the NA - Two totally different shows. The Black Eyed Peas and Usher rocked the halftime at least with the 20 people here who were singing and dancing to it

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009

Sorry Scar, it all stunk, being an ex sound engineer my ears were bleeding with the volume down, I'd be ashamed to put my name on that. Read the reviews tomnorrow.

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Scar, I have to agree with Meateater, it was pretty poor work in my book, I have heard them do a lot better but that is not exactly my style of music anyway.  Maybe, if Tennessee ever gets to the Super Bowl they'll have George Jones and Allen Jackson do the halftime show, now that would have me glued to the tube!  Still your friend though!

Barry

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I liked the show but think the sound techs didnt do a good job

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I fell asleep before the half!

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
Add me to the 
 list,

Fergie ruined a great Axl Rose Song for me.  The sound engineers did a horrible job, having done some of that in the past also.  It was a visually stunning show but the vocals and music where horrible.  Kind of funny, I saw a Fergie video this morning where she picked up Slash after a concert and brought him home.  I guess the super bowl gig was payback for the video.

The Anthem was a disgrace.  Aguilera is a professional accustomed to performing in front of tens of thousands of people at a time in all kinds of venues.  No way she should of messed it up, that stuff about being overcome with emotion is a way out.

Not to say anything about the 400 people that showed up with tickets and had to watch in a conference room on a monitor.  Just can't imagine Jerry Jones or the NFL putting up with those kind of mistakes next time around.

Congrats to Green Bay, 21 (17?) points on turnovers helps a lot

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.