Beef Round Tip 2 Knuckle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johngolf01

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 9, 2017
I've done lean roasts previously for 30h before at 130F with awesome results...

This was purchased at my local BJS, butcher explained it was the same as a sirloin tip roast.

Wouldn't fit as one in my vac bag so cut in half. Salt and rosemary only. Will finish on the gasser.

Went in at 9pm tonight, plan to pull around 10 AM xmas morning and fridge for a couple hours prior to searing. Total cook time will be out 36h. May decide to pull night before.

I did not and have never blanched in boiling water. Hope no issues this time as well.

I've done lean roasts previously for 30h before at 130F with awesome results...

This was purchased at my local BJS, butcher explained it was the same as a sirloin tip roast.

Wouldn't fit as one in my vac bag so cut in half. Salt and rosemary only. Will finish on the gasser.

Went in at 9pm tonight, plan to pull around 10 AM xmas morning and fridge for a couple hours prior to searing. Total cook time will be out 36h. May decide to pull night before.

I did not and have never blanched in boiling water. Hope no issues this time as well.

Attachments

• 20181221_131719.jpg
    20181221_131719.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 38
Its definitely not lacking in size!

Can anyone confirm what cut this is? Is it in fact a Sirloin Tip?

Turned out Fabulous, was worried it would be too long but ended up great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky