Chopped Beef!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Picked up a whole sirloin tip roast on sale last Weds. to smoke this past weekend for some smoked chopped beef sandwiches.
IMG_20230709_185831.jpg

I decided to split the roast in two pieces for more bark an to have it cook faster. Seasoned up with 0.75% salt and 0.4% B.P.; also added 1TBSP. white sugar for a touch of sweetness and to help with bark formation. Got the fire line out with oak and cherry chunks and put the roasts in at 7:30am.
IMG_20230709_173252.jpg

Smaller one was done just in time for dinner @ 5:30pm. Pulled it out of the smokehouse @200*F INT.
IMG_20230709_173817.jpg

IMG_20230709_174050.jpg

The slightly larger roast took until 8:30pm as it was much thicker.
IMG_20230709_210845.jpg

Now I have a gallon bag full of chopped beef! Awesome! Tomatoes are done so no more BLT's. This will be a great replacement for lunch sandwiches during the week...so Awesome!

Oh yeah!! That bark looks fantastic, Keith, and I'll bet the chopped beef tastes as good as it looks...

Good looking stuff Keith. Nice to have a stash of beef like that around. So many great things you can do with it. Nice job my friend.
Tomatoes are done so no more BLT's.
Well that's kind of a bummer but you got a lot of mileage out of the tomatoes while you could.

Robert

Fantastic looking chopped beef Keith, and it's a good feeling knowing you have an ample supply waiting in the wings.

Point for sure
Chris

My kinda lunch. I love beef sandwiches like that! Tomatoes are done? I'm hoping mine start ripening in the next two weeks.

Man that looks good. Now I'm craving a sammich.

Jim

Nice
Probably the best use for a tip roast.
Chopped beef is so versatile. Tomatoes done already? Mine are just starting to fruit.

Could use me one of those! Looks awesome!

Oh yeah!! That bark looks fantastic, Keith, and I'll bet the chopped beef tastes as good as it looks...

Good looking stuff Keith. Nice to have a stash of beef like that around. So many great things you can do with it. Nice job my friend.

Well that's kind of a bummer but you got a lot of mileage out of the tomatoes while you could.

Robert

Fantastic looking chopped beef Keith, and it's a good feeling knowing you have an ample supply waiting in the wings.

Point for sure
Chris

My kinda lunch. I love beef sandwiches like that! Tomatoes are done? I'm hoping mine start ripening in the next two weeks.

Thanks Guys! Might do some quesadillas tonight with chopped beef.

The heat wave pretty much zapped my tomato production. The variety I grow can't set fruit when the low overnight is 80*F. They sure were great while they lasted though!

Looks great . That's one of my favorites . Sold as beef knuckle here .
Nice work .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky