• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef rib roast.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Yesterday I bought 3.5 pound boneless rib roast.

PC130228.jpg

PC130229.JPG

Slightly trimmed. Saved the large part of fat for future use.

PC130230.JPG

Inject with Tony's roasted garlic and herb. And rubbed with pepper and smoked kosher salt.
Cooking method unknown yet. Waiting on weather outlook.

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Looks pretty lean, will be watching for the results, I plan on smoking 1 for Christmas day, they been making me go out for Chinese the last 3-4 years and I'm refusing this year. Wife wont eat any pink so grill will be fired up to finish her slice ,my slab will be smoke kissed to around 130ish lol. really want to see how you like the injection flavor.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks pretty lean, will be watching for the results, I plan on smoking 1 for Christmas day, they been making me go out for Chinese the last 3-4 years and I'm refusing this year. Wife wont eat any pink so grill will be fired up to finish her slice ,my slab will be smoke kissed to around 130ish lol. really want to see how you like the injection flavor.
I've found that beef from Mexico tends to be lean. We had some Rib eyes last night from Mexican beef. They were pretty lean as well. But came out very good. I'm also curious about this injection marinade as I've only used Tony's Cajun before.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Steve that is one nice looking piece of meat to me I don't eat fat.
Richie

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
I have been buying some south of the boarder beef also and it has been tough , taste was good though. I have bought a InkBird SV and plan to test it on some steaks to reverse the tough part. Not enuf time in the day to do all I want/need to do

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Also the creole butter is great for turkey and birds so do try that if you haven't already

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Steve what store did u get that at if u don't mind me asking?
Richie

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Thank you we have one not to far from us.
Richie

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
knife and fork are ready, looks like your off to a good start, looks good

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
looks amazing! cant wait to see the end product.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Steve that roasted garlic is fantastic on beef . I used it on the brisket I just did , and it makes eye round come out tender and juicy .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Looks Pretty, Steve!!
Was that a Select? The last Select I did I couldn't tell the difference between Select & Choice.
Be back for Final Peeks & Sniffs.
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.