Smoked Beef Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was hoping to see your little Granddaughter on this thread… she is a beautiful little thing and cracks me up!
This one?
20230228_183602[1].jpg

She is a mess for sure and has quite the personality. Her and Lucy, my girl dog...

This one?
View attachment 668149

She is a mess for sure and has quite the personality. Her and Lucy, my girl dog...

Yea, she is such a cutie and cracks me up… what an adorable little thing she is! Im thinking… she just has to be the life of the party! So happy you get to enjoy your Grands!

BTW, love the Lucy pics too! Huge dog lovers here!

• Love
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
As a charter captain and tournament fisherman, this is my busiest time of the year. I've been in Georgia for the last 4 days pre-fishing for a tournament and then fishing the tournament which was today. By the way, we blew it when we had a huge fish break off. But as always, it's fishing, not catching...:emoji_grinning:

Very cool , we love deep sea fishing, and catching :emoji_sunglasses:

What were you hunting for , and do you know what you had on the line when it broke loose.

David

Very cool , we love deep sea fishing, and catching :emoji_sunglasses:

What were you hunting for , and do you know what you had on the line when it broke loose.

David
We were fishing for freshwater, or landlocked, striped bass on Clark's Hill Reservoir which is part of the Savannah River system on the SC/Georgia border. We were fishing the same area as 2 other boats who each had already caught stripers in the 20 lb. range when the fish bit. It came to the surface and its tail was as wide as both my hands side by side. It went under my boat, came out, and then straight away out to the side screaming off drag and the line broke. I would guess maybe 25-30 lbs. which is fairly large for them in that lake.

This was a tournament that my fishing partner wanted to fish and since this is kind of out of my wheelhouse, we went over on Wednesday to pre-fish and gather some intel from the locals. It paid off, but we couldn't complete the deal. The 2 other boats fishing near us finished 1st and 3rd.

• Wow
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sorry I thought you were in the salt water.

But sounds like a big one for sure. If landed sounds like your day would have ended on the tally board .

Always a next time. A day on the water ( or 4 days ) are much better then in the office

David

PS Edit *** I responded to you yesterday with this answer. But I guess you also have to hit the post reply button , lol. I'm an ass :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky