Beef rib roast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Yesterday I bought 3.5 pound boneless rib roast.

PC130228.jpg

PC130229.JPG

Slightly trimmed. Saved the large part of fat for future use.

PC130230.JPG

Inject with Tony's roasted garlic and herb. And rubbed with pepper and smoked kosher salt.
Cooking method unknown yet. Waiting on weather outlook.

Looks pretty lean, will be watching for the results, I plan on smoking 1 for Christmas day, they been making me go out for Chinese the last 3-4 years and I'm refusing this year. Wife wont eat any pink so grill will be fired up to finish her slice ,my slab will be smoke kissed to around 130ish lol. really want to see how you like the injection flavor.

Looks pretty lean, will be watching for the results, I plan on smoking 1 for Christmas day, they been making me go out for Chinese the last 3-4 years and I'm refusing this year. Wife wont eat any pink so grill will be fired up to finish her slice ,my slab will be smoke kissed to around 130ish lol. really want to see how you like the injection flavor.

I've found that beef from Mexico tends to be lean. We had some Rib eyes last night from Mexican beef. They were pretty lean as well. But came out very good. I'm also curious about this injection marinade as I've only used Tony's Cajun before.

I have been buying some south of the boarder beef also and it has been tough , taste was good though. I have bought a InkBird SV and plan to test it on some steaks to reverse the tough part. Not enuf time in the day to do all I want/need to do

Also the creole butter is great for turkey and birds so do try that if you haven't already

Steve that roasted garlic is fantastic on beef . I used it on the brisket I just did , and it makes eye round come out tender and juicy .

Reactions: Steve H
That Looks Pretty, Steve!!
Was that a Select? The last Select I did I couldn't tell the difference between Select & Choice.
Be back for Final Peeks & Sniffs.
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky