• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Knuckle

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Been doing a lot of beef knuckle lately . Great cut . I get it from GFS . I break it into 3 sections . This one was a 4 pound hunk .
Put Canadian steak seasoning on the outside . No injection . In the MES 30 at 120 for 4 hours . Turned the heat to 160 and started some oak pellets in the 6 inch tube .
I skip the mail box with the 6 " and go right in the smoker . When the smoke ran out , I turned the temp to 200 . Took the IT to 130 in the thickest part .
Cooled down on the counter , then wrapped tight in plastic and in the fridge for 2 days at 36 degrees .
Fresh out of the smoker .
20200914_204043.jpg
After the rest in the fridge .
20200917_151345.jpg
Sliced up . Juicy and tender .
20200917_151844.jpg 20200917_151916.jpg
Covered up and back in fridge for supper that night .
20200917_152348.jpg
Wasn't in a sandwich mood . Had a bottle of PF Chang Mongolian beef sauce .
Bag of steamer sprouts and a bell pepper / onion mix .
Nuked the veg to thaw , and get some of the water out . Seared the sprouts to get some color .
Added the peppers and onion . Gave them the same treatment .
PF Chang's and some teriyaki to the veg and let it cook . Missed the pic before I added the beef .
Beef added in ,
20200917_181447.jpg
Mixed together .
20200917_181646.jpg

I had some brown rice going in the rice cooker . First time for brown rice . Bag said 2 to 1 water to rice .
Ever see the episode of Green Acres , where Ebb uses the pancake batter to make a head gasket for the tractor ?
Since I don't have a tractor , the rice got tossed . To much water for the rice cooker . Be ok on the stove .
Had some stir fry noodles , used those instead .

Egg roll cooked in the air fryer . This is a great meal , and a nice change of pace .
20200917_190053.jpg

My son usually makes the sauce , and the veg is usually fresh . The pre cooked beef , jarred sauce and frozen veg makes this easy to put together .
Hits the spot too .

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Looks tasty.

Extra points for the Green Acres reference too! Didn't they use Lisa's pancake batter to fix a lot of things around the farm?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks fantastic!
Nice job Chop!
Al

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Looks nice. I will have to pick up a beef knuckle at GFS one of these days.

JC :emoji_cat:

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks like chopsaws acres are the place to be! Nice looking meal! That beff looks excellent after being sliced

Ryan

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks nice. I will have to pick up a beef knuckle at GFS one of these days.
Thanks for looking . The trim makes great sticks .

Nice looking meal! That beef looks excellent after being sliced
Thank you bud . It's a good way to do it . Can use it for different meals . Did a Mississippi roast out of one part . Had this meal with enough left for sandwiches . Froze a 3 pound roast , and made sticks and kippered beef out of the trim .
I think the whole thing was $34.00

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice cook and a great looking meal chop.

Warren

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Oh Yeah---That looks Crazy Good!!
Nice Job, Rich!!
Like.

Bear

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Very nice recovery after the rice. Looks great from here !

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
That's a delicious looking meal! I sure could eat a bowl or two of that. Looks like the noodles worked out better than the rice.

Very nicely done!

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice cook and a great looking meal chop.
Thanks Warren . It hit the spot . Maybe some cheese steaks today .
Oh Yeah---That looks Crazy Good!!
That was a Mongolian beef bbq sauce with teriyaki added . I like the sprouts and peppers , but do it with green beans or broccoli too .
Thanks for lookin bud .

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Very nice recovery after the rice. Looks great from here !
That's a delicious looking meal! I sure could eat a bowl or two of that. Looks like the noodles worked out better than the rice.
Thanks for the comments fellas . Yeah , I like the noodles better than the rice myself .
Good all by itself too .

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Been doing a lot of beef knuckle lately . Great cut . I get it from GFS . I break it into 3 sections . This one was a 4 pound hunk .
Put Canadian steak seasoning on the outside . No injection . In the MES 30 at 120 for 4 hours . Turned the heat to 160 and started some oak pellets in the 6 inch tube .
I skip the mail box with the 6 " and go right in the smoker . When the smoke ran out , I turned the temp to 200 . Took the IT to 130 in the thickest part .
Cooled down on the counter , then wrapped tight in plastic and in the fridge for 2 days at 36 degrees .
Fresh out of the smoker .
View attachment 463596
After the rest in the fridge .
View attachment 463597
Sliced up . Juicy and tender .
View attachment 463598 View attachment 463599
Covered up and back in fridge for supper that night .
View attachment 463600
Wasn't in a sandwich mood . Had a bottle of PF Chang Mongolian beef sauce .
Bag of steamer sprouts and a bell pepper / onion mix .
Nuked the veg to thaw , and get some of the water out . Seared the sprouts to get some color .
Added the peppers and onion . Gave them the same treatment .
PF Chang's and some teriyaki to the veg and let it cook . Missed the pic before I added the beef .
Beef added in ,
View attachment 463601
Mixed together .
View attachment 463602

I had some brown rice going in the rice cooker . First time for brown rice . Bag said 2 to 1 water to rice .
Ever see the episode of Green Acres , where Ebb uses the pancake batter to make a head gasket for the tractor ?
Since I don't have a tractor , the rice got tossed . To much water for the rice cooker . Be ok on the stove .
Had some stir fry noodles , used those instead .

Egg roll cooked in the air fryer . This is a great meal , and a nice change of pace .
View attachment 463604

My son usually makes the sauce , and the veg is usually fresh . The pre cooked beef , jarred sauce and frozen veg makes this easy to put together .
Hits the spot too .
Looking good!

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like chopsaw it is appreciated.

Warren

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks good Rich, nice twist on the Mongolian Beef.
Thanks John . Appreciate the comment . Didn't eat this kind of stuff until my kids start making it .
My youth was meat and potatoes . This is a nice change .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.