Beef Debris Poboy's (Mississippi Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas! Been a while since I posted a cook. Smoked up a chuck roast today for some beef Debris poboys. Mississippi style!

Started with a nice chuck roast with just sea salt and cracked peppercorns. Onto the smoker running pecan at around 240
IMG_20230318_083101.jpg

Let it roll untouched for about 4.5hrs didn't care what the IT was I'm looking for color. Here it is when I pulled it off
IMG_20230318_131412.jpg

Now it's time to Mississippi this thing!

IMG_20230318_131738.jpg

Add all those ingredients to the pan

IMG_20230318_132149.jpg

Add in some of the juice from the peppers. Covered and put in oven set to 300. Went about 4hr and IT was 210 and basically falling apart tender. For those of you struggling with juicy tender pulled beef I suggest letting that temp get up there
IMG_20230318_164236.jpg

Wrapped the chuck in foil and left wrapped in a towel on the counter for an hour and defatted the pan juice. Pulled the chuck and added some of that gravy back in. Got a heck of a smoke ring
IMG_20230318_182541.jpg

Picked up some Leidenheimer french rolls from my local Cajun place. If you've ever been to New Orleans then you already know it don't get much better
IMG_20230318_182104.jpg

Some Havarti cheese on the bottom, then a pile of the beef, pepperoncini, garlic aioli and under the broiler for a few seconds
IMG_20230318_183655.jpg

Was a mighty fine meal and I'm fuller than a tick on a hound dog
IMG_20230318_183700.jpg

And there ya go.....beef debris poboys Mississippi style!

Holy sh!t Jake! That looks crazy good. You wouldn’t hear anything from me for a good 30 min but grunts and groans Stuffing my face. Wow, looks fantastic. Nice work bud.
Haha thanks Eric. I'm sitting in the recliner struggling right now!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I did the Mississippi pot roast that Jake posted a few years back . It was and still is the best I've ever had. I bet it was great as a sammy too.. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: TNJAKE
I did the Mississippi pot roast that Jake posted a few years back . It was and still is the best I've ever had. I bet it was great as a sammy too.. :emoji_thumbsup:
Appreciate it bud. Yep a poboy kicks it up a few notches

Howdy fellas and non fellas! Been a while since I posted a cook. Smoked up a chuck roast today for some beef Debris poboys. Mississippi style!

Started with a nice chuck roast with just sea salt and cracked peppercorns. Onto the smoker running pecan at around 240View attachment 660588
Let it roll untouched for about 4.5hrs didn't care what the IT was I'm looking for color. Here it is when I pulled it offView attachment 660589

View attachment 660590

View attachment 660591

Add in some of the juice from the peppers. Covered and put in oven set to 300. Went about 4hr and IT was 210 and basically falling apart tender. For those of you struggling with juicy tender pulled beef I suggest letting that temp get up there View attachment 660592

Wrapped the chuck in foil and left wrapped in a towel on the counter for an hour and defatted the pan juice. Pulled the chuck and added some of that gravy back in. Got a heck of a smoke ringView attachment 660595

Picked up some Leidenheimer french rolls from my local Cajun place. If you've ever been to New Orleans then you already know it don't get much betterView attachment 660596

Some Havarti cheese on the bottom, then a pile of the beef, pepperoncini, garlic aioli and under the broiler for a few seconds View attachment 660593

View attachment 660594

Looks awesome.
I've been using the expression. Whoo Doggy I'm full as a tick on a junkyard dog! First time I've seen somebody else use it.

Jake that right there is a magical thing!!!! Hat off and bib attached I’m making my way to the table!

Started with a nice chuck roast with just sea salt and cracked peppercorns. Onto the smoker running pecan at around 240View attachment 660588
Let it roll untouched for about 4.5hrs didn't care what the IT was I'm looking for color. Here it is when I pulled it offView attachment 660589

View attachment 660590

View attachment 660591

Add in some of the juice from the peppers. Covered and put in oven set to 300. Went about 4hr and IT was 210 and basically falling apart tender. For those of you struggling with juicy tender pulled beef I suggest letting that temp get up there View attachment 660592

Wrapped the chuck in foil and left wrapped in a towel on the counter for an hour and defatted the pan juice. Pulled the chuck and added some of that gravy back in. Got a heck of a smoke ringView attachment 660595

Picked up some Leidenheimer french rolls from my local Cajun place. If you've ever been to New Orleans then you already know it don't get much betterView attachment 660596

Some Havarti cheese on the bottom, then a pile of the beef, pepperoncini, garlic aioli and under the broiler for a few seconds View attachment 660593

View attachment 660594

My kinda sandwich - killer

Love a pulled chuck sandwich and yours looks killer.
I try to avoid the food coma eats these days. Mid section thick enough.
Bread is such a regional thing. What makes Leidenheimer French bread special?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky