Beef barbacoa tacos a la Co4ch D4ve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loosechangedru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I saw this recipe by Co4ch D4ve the other day, and Aldi had a decent sale on chuck roasts, so I picked up 7 of them - 5 for the freezer, and 2 to see what those pictures tasted like!

This was also the first chance I've gotten to run high heat in my WSM with no water pan. Worked great. A little bit like driving your friend's car and the handling is completely different from yours - suddenly I had a pretty touchy gas pedal - but it held solid at 325 after I overshot at the beginning.

Check out the recipe in the link, but for the most part I smoked it at 325 for 3 hours with hickory, then braised it for 3 more hours in the oven covered with yummy things. Definitely worth trying!

20181203_154337.jpg
20181203_185531.jpg
20181203_202635.jpg
20181203_203741.jpg

Romaine wraps with tomato, feta, avocado crema, and the au jus from the roasts - SO good!

Thanks for the recipe, Co4ch!

Looks and sounds Delicious!!! Very tempting to do.... more to the list. Great job, Like. Congrats on the carousel ride.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky