1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baby back ribs on the UDS

Discussion in 'Pork' started by SmokinLogs, Jan 12, 2019.

1. I built my UDS so I would have a good reliable smoker that would hold temps pretty well in the winter. I got my chance to try this out lol. I went out and shook the snow of the lid, then loaded the basket up with B&B oak briquettes and some hickory and cherry chunks ( I finally tried cherry wood on the smoker. I can’t get enough of the smell! I love it. ) It held its temps great. I kept it around 225-235 through the whole cook. I did a quick trim on the rack and gave it a hearty coat of my rub and let it rest in the fridge. I didn’t wrap it, and spritzed it every 45 minutes with some red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemmon juice and hot sauce solution. It cooked about 3.5 hours until it had some decent pull back on the bones and passed the bend test. I brushed on some of my homemade sweet-cayenne pepper bbq sauce and let it set up for the last 10 minutes. I let it rest for a few, then cut it up and put down about half the rack lol. It was tender and juicy, and had a great smokey taste from cooking the meat right over the coals. It even had a pretty nice smoke ring! Over all I’m more than happy with the UDS performance and the ribs were amazing!

7741F816-E1E5-4A97-B3E6-5F81F618D305.jpeg A2C31ACA-C02A-4AD4-8299-D624E183AFCE.jpeg 15440567-1DC8-4473-9BE5-3C1BB26E2BC5.jpeg 8AA781ED-3C4F-4E4B-B343-82E9F66B3332.jpeg 6826577A-3A1C-4209-95C5-6073FEC6DB60.jpeg

jaxgatorz, meatallica, disco and 6 others like this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'd be very happy with it's performance also. The ribs look fantastic.

Point for sure.
    Chris

SmokinLogs likes this.
  3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those are some mighty fine looking ribs!!
    Al

SmokinLogs likes this.
  4. kelbro

kelbro Meat Mopper

Nice work!

SmokinLogs likes this.
  5. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking ribs there guy.

Warren

SmokinLogs likes this.
  6. That smoke ring went deep! Great color, too. Definitely better than pretty good - looks awesome!

SmokinLogs likes this.
  7. Looks perfect! I always like that dark Mahogany color.

SmokinLogs likes this.
  8. Smoke23

Smoke23 Smoking Fanatic

I have to agree, those are some great looking ribs! Job well done!!

SmokinLogs likes this.
  9. disco

disco Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Righteous ribs! Big like!

SmokinLogs likes this.
  10. Thanks to everyone for the compliments. It makes good Q even better!