Avocado Toast...PA style with Scrapple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
Here’s a fun little twist on breakfast. I recently tried avocado toast and I really enjoyed it so I figured I’d experiment a little.

Swapped out the toast with homemade scrapple.
023CB940-F5B2-4132-AAB7-D1A7340FFC7E.jpeg
B3E575B9-39E6-4123-9931-B8E76E1EE458.jpeg

A very tasty breakfast! I mashed one avocado with a little bit of salt, topped the scrapple with the mashed avocado, fried egg, hot chili flakes and a couple of dabs of sriracha.

Usually a recipe is always changed to a healthier alternative. I figured I could take a healthy recipe and bastardize it! Lol

Eat your heart out vegans!!!

now that looks interesting, not big on avocados but maybe the scrapple would over come that

now that looks interesting, not big on avocados but maybe the scrapple would over come that

I'm sold. Send me a plate! Looks darn tasty to me!

Thanks guys, I felt like being creative. Best part was that I got to eat my creation. I enjoyed it and will make it again!

Thanks for the likes.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
I love scrapple and eggs, I can handle avocado also.

Reverse that for me :) not sure about this scrapple thing :) If its like headcheese I am a hard pass on texture alone. If it is more like pan pudding the heck yes!

That Scrapple & Egg looks Great, X.
Hold the Green stuff here too.
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear and thanks for the like. This was born out of boredom. There’s plenty of just scrapple and eggs in my future.

Reverse that for me :) not sure about this scrapple thing :) If its like headcheese I am a hard pass on texture alone. If it is more like pan pudding the heck yes!

Scrapple nothing like the texture of headcheese, I shy away from that stuff.

I’ve never heard of pan pudding, is that liver? I always tell people that scrapple taste like a bacon flavored potato pancake (latke). Crispy outside, soft pillowy interior.

Scrapple and American Pan Pudding can be very similar. Spices may vary, meat used and may or may not contain Cornmeal.
Example...In PA, pork scraps, skin, offal and meat from Boiled Bones, is cooked with herbs and spices then ground Fine, then cookes, a second time, with the Cornmeal and some of the gelatinous broth. This is Panned and sets into Scrapple. Combine just the Ground meat a bit of broth for the gelatin and you got Pan Pudding or locally PUDDIN'.
Head Cheese can start out with similar meat, seasonings and preparation. But the simmered meat is just Chopped, coarsely, and cooled floating in the gelatinous broth. While the flavor can be similar, I'd say the Texture of Head Cheese is an acquired taste...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky