Armadillo its whats for dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
Decided to make Armadillo eggs and I must say they came out great. Yesterday I made a batch of texas hot link sausage out of a venison bacon burger. I also made both the mayo and Homemade Chipotle Mayo Aioli noboundaries posted in a thread. I cut the ends of the jalapeno peppers off and took the back of a spoon to get the veins and the seeds out, I then stuffed the peppers with seasoned cream cheese and covered the outside of the pepper in the sausage I made. I then wrapped them with regular cut bacon and put them in the fridge overnight. This morning I made Alabama white bbq sauce sort of. The chipotle mayo and regular mayo were so good I made Mississippi pink bbq sauce because I used 1/2 regular and 1/2 chipotle mayo aioli. I smoked the armadillo eggs at 250 in an offset smoker for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I heated some of the Mississippi pink bbq sauce and also heated some sweet baby rays. Left 2 plain and sauced the others. The chipotle bbq sauce on the right was outstanding!

Alabama White bbq sauce ( I made Mississippi pink bbq sauce instead)
1 cup mayonnaise ( I used 1/2 cup of the regular mayo I made and 1/2 cup of the Chipotle Mayo Aioli)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Armadillo eggs.jpg
Armadillo egs 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sven that’s funny although I do live in an area where people do eat them. I have smoked multiple raccoons, but even with bbq sauce and a long smoke I can only do one bite. I put it down for my dog and she came up smelled it and walked away and when I am trimming up any other meat she eats it before it hits the floor. As my dog was walking away from a big plate of untouched bbq raccoon I thought, if an animal that licks her own butt won’t eat raccoon I probably should not be eating them either 😂

Those look really interesting and very tasty. got the cogs turning here, that's for sure. Well done.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky