Anyone know where I could get this made cheaply?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First off..get those big worms outta yer smoker!

Seems as long as the cross sectional area of the 2 pipes is about equal to the single, you should be OK.

Ahhh I see you plan on using the existing. Well, should only perhaps be a matter of a dampered exhaust.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, the handrails are like 1.5 - 2" in diameter so they won't draw as much outflow as the 3" existing stack. So I was anticipating dampering the top of the existing stack a bit as needed. Or alternately, smooshing the semi rigid aluminum extension pipe into more of an oval shape - which would reduce its square-inch cross section too. This would have the added benefit of preserving available grill space.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much lol

Well, the two steel water pans are gonna accomplish the same thing as baffles. One will buttress right up against the firebox-side wall, and the other against the left-side wall. The smoke will come up through the center.

With the stacks extended down to grate level, this should essentially make the smoke rise up into the chamber just like occurs with any of these lowered-stack modifications. And if I wanna do complete reverse-flow, all I'd have to do is slide the left-side water pan over toward the other and close the original stack. So it becomes very flexible!

I would agree with TH. Since the firebox side will be hotter, I would bet the hotter air would cause more "draft" up that exhaust thus pulling more heat up the first exhaust even if the smoke/heat enters the center of the chamber. May have to damper the firebox side exhaut down to get them balanced. Would be easy to check visibly with smoke though.

Just a theory . . .

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky