• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Any Cooking Show?

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I am so tired of these cooking competitions! I really miss shows that actually cooked and taught. I think Rick Bayless was the last good show I seen. Are they any real cooking shows on anymore? I about to just go back and watch old ones on Youtube.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
I really like Sam the cooking guy on you tube. He makes some good stuff and the show is entertaining to say the least.
He does 3 shows a week

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I really like Sam the cooking guy on you tube. He makes some good stuff and the show is entertaining to say the least.
He does 3 shows a week
Went to add him and was all ready subscribed. For some reason was not coming up on my subscribed list. I turned notifications on.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Went to add him and was all ready subscribed. For some reason was not coming up on my subscribed list. I turned notifications on.
You should get the notification now! I'll tell ya. You could spend weeks going through all his videos..

DougE

Formerly 'douge'
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
The Old Fat Guy (Disco) has some good cooking videos on youtube.

justplainbob

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2014
KQED is putting old Jacques Pepin shows on youtube
perhaps some others as well
agree about everything being a competition

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
I was channel surfing the other Saturday and saw an old classic from Justin Wilson. I wasn't cooking much in those days but watched it purely for the entertainment. Man that guy was something! I guaran told ya

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I don't even bother with Food Network and the others. All my cooking show watching us on YouTube. Been watching TV a bunch of Asian Cooking Shows and other popular channels. Then for Nostalgia, I watch the Great Chef's series...JJ

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Anybody seen the Moonshiners cooking/smoking show(s) ?? I believe it's a contest though too ...

IH 1026

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2018
Many moons ago, there was a guy named Jeff Smith that was on PBS with a show called " The Frugal Gourmet". His videos can still be found on Youtube, I own a few of his cook books and use them once in a while. YouTube is my cooking show go-to now.

The Frugal Gourmet Full Episodes

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Many moons ago, there was a guy named Jeff Smith that was on PBS with a show called " The Frugal Gourmet". His videos can still be found on Youtube, I own a few of his cook books and use them once in a while. YouTube is my cooking show go-to now.

Yes, I do remember him....always enjoyed watching his shows.....Totally forgot about him.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I am so tired of these cooking competitions!
Me too . My opinion is you can't beat Cooks country or America's test kitchen . I have the set of DVD's , but it's on PBS and IMBD TV .
I also watch one called Food is Love . It's a St. Louis based thing , so not sure how wide spread it is . Not a lot of instruction , but I really like the insight into the cooking world .
I also like A Chef's life . Another PBS series . Again just info based . She also does Simple Southern . Vivian Howard is her name . These are classed as " Character driven " , but a lot of good info .

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 15, 2017
I have enjoyed watching " Daddy Jack's - Cooking with the Blues" on you tube.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
He does 3 shows a week
It was you that told me before. I added it but never showed up. I got it now, Thanks.
The Old Fat Guy (Disco) has some good cooking videos on youtube.
Yeah. I have watched most of his.
KQED is putting old Jacques Pepin shows on youtube
perhaps some others as well
agree about everything being a competition
Will check it out. I still have some of his recorded.
Man, Fire, Food on the Cooking Channel.
I set to record. Thanks
I was channel surfing the other Saturday and saw an old classic from Justin Wilson. I wasn't cooking much in those days but watched it purely for the entertainment. Man that guy was something! I guaran told ya
Was him and Jeff Smith that taught me to start cooking. He was the one I was going to watching on youtube.
I don't even bother with Food Network and the others. All my cooking show watching us on YouTube. Been watching TV a bunch of Asian Cooking Shows and other popular channels. Then for Nostalgia, I watch the Great Chef's series...JJ
Going to start looking at those.

He and Justin Wilson ones that taught me to start cooking.
Me too . My opinion is you can't beat Cooks country or America's test kitchen . I have the set of DVD's , but it's on PBS and IMBD TV .
I also watch one called Food is Love . It's a St. Louis based thing , so not sure how wide spread it is . Not a lot of instruction , but I really like the insight into the cooking world .
I also like A Chef's life . Another PBS series . Again just info based . She also does Simple Southern . Vivian Howard is her name . These are classed as " Character driven " , but a lot of good info .
I watched a lot of Test Kitchen then got burned out. I still have about 30 recorded.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I watched a lot of Test Kitchen then got burned out. I still have about 30 recorded.
Yeah . That's what's good about having it . You can skip through .
I like Cook's country better than test kitchen .
The Vivian Howard stuff is good if you can find it .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
The only ones I watch are on YouTube!!
I started watching them when I got My Sous Vide Supreme, and those "Sous Vide Everything" Guys from Brazil have a video for a lot of SV things. Then I started watching Videos for my Ninja too.
Can't beat YouTube when you want to see a few examples of how to do something Specific.

Bear

larroyo101

Joined Sep 28, 2020
I am so tired of these cooking competitions! I really miss shows that actually cooked and taught. I think Rick Bayless was the last good show I seen. Are they any real cooking shows on anymore? I about to just go back and watch old ones on Youtube.
I love the rick bayless one plate at a time in mexico show

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.