Any Cooking Show?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really like Sam the cooking guy on you tube. He makes some good stuff and the show is entertaining to say the least.
He does 3 shows a week

I really like Sam the cooking guy on you tube. He makes some good stuff and the show is entertaining to say the least.
He does 3 shows a week
Went to add him and was all ready subscribed. For some reason was not coming up on my subscribed list. I turned notifications on.

I was channel surfing the other Saturday and saw an old classic from Justin Wilson. I wasn't cooking much in those days but watched it purely for the entertainment. Man that guy was something! I guaran told ya

I don't even bother with Food Network and the others. All my cooking show watching us on YouTube. Been watching TV a bunch of Asian Cooking Shows and other popular channels. Then for Nostalgia, I watch the Great Chef's series...JJ

Many moons ago, there was a guy named Jeff Smith that was on PBS with a show called " The Frugal Gourmet". His videos can still be found on Youtube, I own a few of his cook books and use them once in a while. YouTube is my cooking show go-to now.

The Frugal Gourmet Full Episodes
Yes, I do remember him....always enjoyed watching his shows.....Totally forgot about him.

Reactions: IH 1026
I am so tired of these cooking competitions!
Me too . My opinion is you can't beat Cooks country or America's test kitchen . I have the set of DVD's , but it's on PBS and IMBD TV .
I also watch one called Food is Love . It's a St. Louis based thing , so not sure how wide spread it is . Not a lot of instruction , but I really like the insight into the cooking world .
I also like A Chef's life . Another PBS series . Again just info based . She also does Simple Southern . Vivian Howard is her name . These are classed as " Character driven " , but a lot of good info .

He does 3 shows a week
It was you that told me before. I added it but never showed up. I got it now, Thanks.
The Old Fat Guy (Disco) has some good cooking videos on youtube.
Yeah. I have watched most of his.
KQED is putting old Jacques Pepin shows on youtube
perhaps some others as well
agree about everything being a competition
Will check it out. I still have some of his recorded.
Man, Fire, Food on the Cooking Channel.
I set to record. Thanks
I was channel surfing the other Saturday and saw an old classic from Justin Wilson. I wasn't cooking much in those days but watched it purely for the entertainment. Man that guy was something! I guaran told ya
Was him and Jeff Smith that taught me to start cooking. He was the one I was going to watching on youtube.
I don't even bother with Food Network and the others. All my cooking show watching us on YouTube. Been watching TV a bunch of Asian Cooking Shows and other popular channels. Then for Nostalgia, I watch the Great Chef's series...JJ
Going to start looking at those.
Many moons ago, there was a guy named Jeff Smith that was on PBS with a show called " The Frugal Gourmet". His videos can still be found on Youtube, I own a few of his cook books and use them once in a while. YouTube is my cooking show go-to now.

The Frugal Gourmet Full Episodes
He and Justin Wilson ones that taught me to start cooking.
Me too . My opinion is you can't beat Cooks country or America's test kitchen . I have the set of DVD's , but it's on PBS and IMBD TV .
I also watch one called Food is Love . It's a St. Louis based thing , so not sure how wide spread it is . Not a lot of instruction , but I really like the insight into the cooking world .
I also like A Chef's life . Another PBS series . Again just info based . She also does Simple Southern . Vivian Howard is her name . These are classed as " Character driven " , but a lot of good info .
I watched a lot of Test Kitchen then got burned out. I still have about 30 recorded.

The only ones I watch are on YouTube!!
I started watching them when I got My Sous Vide Supreme, and those "Sous Vide Everything" Guys from Brazil have a video for a lot of SV things. Then I started watching Videos for my Ninja too.
Can't beat YouTube when you want to see a few examples of how to do something Specific.

Bear

Reactions: Sowsage
I am so tired of these cooking competitions! I really miss shows that actually cooked and taught. I think Rick Bayless was the last good show I seen. Are they any real cooking shows on anymore? I about to just go back and watch old ones on Youtube.
I love the rick bayless one plate at a time in mexico show

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky