Adds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Still wondering if when a thread is featured can an icon be posted next to the thread name so the guy who wrote it knows it's on the carousel?
Al

Sure there are costs to keep the forum running. But the hits we provide by frequenting the site allow google to spam all of us wether we like it or not. And Im not talking about only ads on this site. Google bombards each and everyone of us away from this site with the data that their robots collect. So its a vicious circle. If Jeff wasn't doing well with his ad revenue this site would've most likely folded years ago. I don't have any beef with ads at all. But what was posted above isn't speaking the whole truth.
All you have to do is become a Premium member & you can turn off the ads!
Al

If you read my post you would see that I don't have a problem with the ads.

All you have to do is become a Premium member & you can turn off the ads!
Al

I don't have a problem with the ads either Al, takes up one tiny space in the upper right hand corner, hardly noticeable. Get rid of the "Chit Chat" at the start and have a notice that says "Becoming A Premium Member" there instead. I was here for five years before I stumbled on how to do it. Just sayin'. RAY

Sure there are costs to keep the forum running. But the hits we provide by frequenting the site allow google to spam all of us wether we like it or not. And Im not talking about only ads on this site. Google bombards each and everyone of us away from this site with the data that their robots collect. So its a vicious circle. If Jeff wasn't doing well with his ad revenue this site would've most likely folded years ago. I don't have any beef with ads at all. But what was posted above isn't speaking the whole truth.

Well I'm not an internet guru like maybe you are so I don't know what allows google to spam us it seems about any site I visit or search I do I then start getting ads on whatever subject it was so I didn't think it was a SMF thing but instead an internet thing but as I said I'm not very tech savvy

I don't have a problem with the ads either Al, takes up one tiny space in the upper right hand corner, hardly noticeable. Get rid of the "Chit Chat" at the start and have a notice that says "Becoming A Premium Member" there instead. I was here for five years before I stumbled on how to do it. Just sayin'. RAY

No payment is required of the members to be on this site yes you can become a premier member but it is not required to use the site
Ray the above is the quote that was below the Carousel for a long time
here is the link it took you to
Richie

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray the above is the quote that was below the Carousel for a long time
here is the link it took you to
Richie

Thanks Richie! I don't see it anywhere now, it might be a good idea to have it where folks could see it without having to dig. RAY

Well I'm not an internet guru like maybe you are so I don't know what allows google to spam us it seems about any site I visit or search I do I then start getting ads on whatever subject it was so I didn't think it was a SMF thing but instead an internet thing but as I said I'm not very tech savvy
They do, and that is what I was trying to express. So even if people aren't seeing the ads Google is still able to use your collected data to generate ad revenue. That is how these Axelrod/ Renfro forums make money. The more hits or people visiting the site the more Google pays to advertise on them. Im not saying anyone is getting rich or even covering the expenses, Im just trying to let people know that weather they see the ads or not Goggle is using your collected data so they can spam you with ads that correspond with your search history and internet use.
There us nothing Jeff Can do about it as long as he uses Google and Axelrod's/Renfro
Forum format. People either agree to it or they stay away from the forum all together.
Most forums use Google to gain revenue if they didn't operating costs would be a deal breaker for 90% of the forums people enjoy using. Jeff goes above and beyond trying to be fair and keep the site free for people like me who can't afford to pay for internet play and Im fairly certain that 99% of the people that use the forum truly appreciate that.

The glitches will get worked out, it will just take a little time.
Nobody likes change but it will all work out, hopefully for the betterment of the forum.

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky