addicted to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

preacherman1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
SIKESTON MO
Hello everyone

I have so many questions i need answered that I don't even know where to start.  I have bbqed for the last 20 yrs and just recently have come to a place where i am bored with just bbq.  i want to try smoking meat because i love the way it tastes.  looking forward to buying my first charcoal smoker sometime in the next month i have signed up for the e-course.  I live in Sikeston Mo about 120 miles south of St. Louis.  I have a growing family with 3 kids and my wife and dog.  From reading the forum and home page i know i have a lot to learn but am looking forward to it.

Welcome to SMF preacherman1, Looks like you are off to a great start by signing up for the free e-course.  There's lots of great information here and fine folks that will help you learn the fine art of 'low and slow'.

Welcome to SMF and you new addiction for sure. Glad to have you here

Welcome to the SMF. Like the above posts mentioned lots of great folk here with plenty of info. Read, read, read past posts on what you're particular interest is and then ask questions. There's always help along the way. Happy smoking...

Welcome to SMF preacherman1, you have come to the right place. There are lots of great folks here to help out. Friendly & knowledgeable. Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome from just south of you in jonesboro ,ar . I stop their for lamberts sometime on way to saint louis.Don't know how much you want to spend but they sell backwoods at craft here in town.
welcome1.gif

Welcome preacherman!

The only thing I can add to what's been said is to tell you the search engines in this forum are about as good as I've seen on any forum.

Bear

Hey Preacherman, Welcome to SMF... You be careful over there and duck when someone throws a roll at you...

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

Joe

Welcome to SMF preacherman1. This is were you'll find the answers to the questions you haven't even thought of yet. Lots of good info and good people to help with any questions you my have. Happy Smoking!

Welcome to the SMF 12 step program! Once you have 12 smokes under your belt you WILL be addicted!! lol

I saw you mentioned getting a charcoal smoker, and from a guy who also went from grilling to smoking I would highly recommend the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. I originally tried to go cheaper with a under $200 smoker and had moderate success, but not quiete what I wanted, then a co-worker turned me onto the WSM's and it was a day and night differance. I sold my modified horizontal offset for $80, and spent $365 on the 22.5" WSM and wish I had just done that to begin with.

But as with all things do some reading, ask some questions and the go with what fits you. Good luck!

When u come to lamberts you are about 5 blocks from my house we need to trade phone numbers sometime so we can talk and when u come to sikeston need to give me a call

When u come to lamberts you are about 5 blocks from my house we need to trade phone numbers sometime so we can talk and when u come to sikeston need to give me a call
It has been about 6-7 yrs since I was there but it was an experience...LOL

Almost Forgot, My Wife is from Mountain Grove, about half way between Sikeston and Springfield...

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky