• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Acronym's

loveno33

Joined Jun 13, 2010
Thanks.  THis was very helpful.  There were a few that I have been trying to figure out.

kydave

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 31, 2011
I know the original post was 2.5 years ago - but take it from the FNG, it's still very useful! THANKS

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Maybe...

SPOG- salt-pepper-onion-garlic

IMNSHO- in my not so humble opinion

n2 bbq

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 29, 2011
And to think I was going to start a thread asking for such a thing.  +1 for the list.  Now I can print it out and have it handy when I'm reading all the other threads. 

phogi

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 27, 2011
I hate to be the new guy making requests...but the acronyms here are insane. As a newbie trying to figure out what people are talking about, it is only complicated by threads that include acronyms in nearly every post. For quite some time I thought "OTBS" stood for "off topic bull sh*t," and SMF had something to do with sms text messages. GOSM? RTV? WSM? ECB?

I haven't seen this many abbreviations anyplace but a public school. ISS OSS PAWS R/E TTD. ARG!

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Thanks Brian.

n2 bbq

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 29, 2011
I just try to read through em all and get to the meat and potatos of the post and piece it all together little by little.  LOL at ARG.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Any of my recipes and you may need these,

LCB - liquid crab boil

PCB - powdered crab boil

PCB can be subsituted w/ old bay seasoning and cayanne.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks