Acadian Meat Stuffing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I'm just a Saskatchewan/Albertan redneck.  I grew up on bread/sage/poultry spice turkey stuffing.  However when I married Linda 9 years ago, I moved into the world of French/Acadian food.  What an eye opener!!!!!  I love this stuff.  Here's Linda's recipe--don't climb me for the wording, I'm just putting it on here exactly as she wrote it out for me.  LOL

Meat Stuffing

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork

1 lb ground veal

potatos-- mashed with nothing in them (just squish them)  the amount of mashed potatos should equal the volume of 1 lb of meat-

Fry the meat with some onion (however much you like) and salt and pepper to taste.

Mix potatos and Meat together

Add 2 tbsp each of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg

Add 1 tbsp ground cloves

Put it in the frig and let it sit overnight.

Stuff the bird and roast as usual

If, as is always the case, you have leftover stuffing (life is good) put it in a deep dish pie shell.  Cover the pie shell, sprinkle course ground pepper on top and bake until the pie shell is done.  You now have a tortiere.  Best served with turkey gravey.  This recipe has been in Linda's family for several hundred years.  ENJOY

Gary

Gary, thank  you for posting this and thank your lovely wife for allowing you to post!  
30.gif

I'm definitely filing this away for use in the near future!

Bill

Hey guys

When Linda cooks this  either in a turkey or a pie, the whole house just smells so good, I'm almost ready to eat the walls--and it lingers and lingers and lingers.  No insence required for that day

Gary

Hey Gary,

I gave Linda's recipe a try = 
thumbsup.gif
!

Just added a finely chopped small onion and only used pork.

Ground veal : I never found it here.

Ground beef : well... it have some smell over here (some stuff is more tasty here , other stuff isn't that good).

Stuffed a chicken with it , slow oven-cooking , and ready !

Thanks again and compliments to your misses !

beercheer.gif

Sounds delicious!  My mother-in-law used to make a mashed potato stuffing that was good, too, never got the recipe tho!  Thank you so much for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky