A Smokers Journey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chadm715

Original poster
Jul 23, 2020
Happy to find myself finally here with a Pitboss Pro Pellet Smoker and a horrible experience with Lowes online instore pick up. About 10 years ago got my first charcoal grill stationed at Fairchild AFB WA. Initial use could not keep the coals lit for the life of me, spending so much time grilling 1-2 burgers. To make matters worse a few days later I totally messed up beer butt chicken and after a move upgraded to a large Char-Broil charcoal grill with a stainless steel smoking box to put chips in. The burgers were good the steak was ok but due to the occasional overcooking I fell in love with cast iron searing and Sous vide. I decided I wanted to start smoking so grabbed a cheap charbroil vertical propane charcoal hybrid smoker. It smoked but due to setup and usage I ended up steaming just about everything good food but not great, and greatness awaited. Move on two years and in that time I had some moderate success with beer can burgers and a few racks of fall of the bone with no smoke flavor. Then July 15 2020 on my 32nd birthday saved enough to get myself a Pitboss pellet smoker and I am getting my smoke on. Thus far I have smoked pulled pork, pork spare ribs, candied bacon and just yesterday my first brisket. All turned out amazing albeit we got some learning to do. I ll have to post the brisket and pulled pork experience separately.

Attachments

• 53C52819-46C7-4C08-821D-5B9BA16DA0A9.jpeg
    53C52819-46C7-4C08-821D-5B9BA16DA0A9.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 18
Welcome from iowa! Sounds like ya had quite a journey, look forward to seeing your posts

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky