A little something different on a Friday night...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
Friday night is typically Pizza here at the Big Al/Ellymae household. I got a IM from Big Al that he had a hankering Cheese Burger Hoagies.
What is it you ask? I never heard of them before I met Big Al but have come to really like them.

Fired up the Egg to grill the burgers....

Letting the cheese get melty... CBHs require American cheese IMHO

The plating.... you need a hoagie or sub roll, mayo, ketchup. lettuce, tomatos, onion, hot and sweet peppers.....

Easy, simple, and very tasty.
Thanks for looking!

It's 6:00 in the morning here and I would gladly have that for breakfast!
2thumbs.gif

Excellent Elly!!!!

Big Al made a great request there!!!

I gotta make some of those soon!!!

Only time I ever had one of those was about 30 years ago, from a cheap joint called "J's", and the burgers were all shriveled up & dried out !

Thanks for showing,

Bear

Real nice lookin sammie Elly. And I got to agree with ya on the cheese choice !

Those look great - Big Al made the right choice again - you were the first good choice!!

Those look great - Big Al made the right choice again - you were the first good choice!!
     Awwwww Shucks.... Thanks!

ellymae.....Do you have a kitchen? If so, I don't think you need one!!!
    I do have a fine kitchen Big Al and his dad built for me and I do use it on occassion - like this morning when I made Pastrami Hash...

647e5540_IMG_0461.jpg

I smoked the pastrami on the Egg a while ago.

This morning I nuked the potatos and onions, then threw then in a pan on the (gasp) STOVE!

Then I added the diced pastrami that I also nuked a little to get it warmer....

Then I turned on the OVEN and shirred the eggs.

Last but not least, I found the toaster and toasted some rye bread. Just seemed like a good call with the pastrami....

Hash and Eggs - one of the best breakfasts ever!!  My mom would even make it for dinner a lot.  Now, tomorrow could you please make Al biscuits and gravy?
439.gif

I'm on the ellymae virtual diet!

Last edited:
Once again you really made a great meal, I mean pastrami hash!! Get out of here. Big Al is one lucky guy!!

OMG!----That hash really tops it off!

Totally over the top!!!

I'm in awe---That plate just looks TOO good!

Bear

Dang Elly, those look great, so does the hash...

Awwwww Shucks.... Thanks!

I do have a fine kitchen Big Al and his dad built for me and I do use it on occassion - like this morning when I made Pastrami Hash...

647e5540_IMG_0461.jpg

I smoked the pastrami on the Egg a while ago.

This morning I nuked the potatos and onions, then threw then in a pan on the (gasp) STOVE!

Then I added the diced pastrami that I also nuked a little to get it warmer....

Then I turned on the OVEN and shirred the eggs.

Last but not least, I found the toaster and toasted some rye bread. Just seemed like a good call with the pastrami....
You made me learn something today. Shirred eggs. Never knew what it was. Done it before on the seiner in Alaska. Dropped the eggs in the sausage gravy to cook. Crew thought I was crazy. Little did they know.

Thanks for letting me know what cooking technique I was using. 
thumb1.gif

Dang it I missed breakfast again
th_crybaby2.gif
 Those CBH's look outstanding too

Thanks guys & gals!!

Now, tomorrow could you please make Al biscuits and gravy?
439.gif

I'm on the ellymae virtual diet!
     LOL - I have only made B&G a handfull of times - I don't like it and if Al eats it he is on the sofa for the rest of the day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky