9 lbs Packer Brisket and Chuck Burnt Ends QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
Found a cute little 9 lbs Packer that I'm smoking for company tomorrow. I'm also throwing on a chuck roast to cube up for burnt ends.

The plan is 225° with mesquite until tender. I'll wrap with butcher paper sometime between 165°-175°. Company asked what time supper was and I told them, "When the brisket says it's time to eat."

Right now it's SPOGed up and back in the fridge. I plan to wake up at 5:30 and have it in by 6. I've never seasoned it up this early, but thought I'd try something new.
IMG_20181222_190725.jpg IMG_20181222_190443.jpg

I'll throw the chuck on around 8 or so. Right now it's sitting in a pan with some worcestershire and SPOG.
IMG_20181222_213430.jpg

My MES is already on and will be preheating all night at 225°.

I'll be updating y'all as it goes.

Looks great to me Preacher Man!
I bet after your guests get a belly full of that, they'll come runnin back next time you invite them.

Watchin for the finally.

Pass the pool cue at the fancy eating table. I'm in.

Chris

Reactions: rippper
Brisket made it through the stall (I thought), but it's not giving up without a fight. Got to 185 and in the last hour it dropped back to 183 and is holding strong.

I increased my smoker temp to 250°.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky